Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HFC Limited, the banking and property finance subsidiary of HF Group has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology Department. We are seeking for a talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance, excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Senior Database Administrator
Reporting To: Head – IT Operations
Overall Job Purpose
The Senior Database Administrator (SDBA) is responsible for the design, deployment and management of the organization’s database, backup and storage architecture as well as instances to ensure secure access and availability in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Design and document operational manuals and procedures.
- Undertake the day-to-day management of the Bank’s database platforms.
- Ensure that all the assigned bank information technology platforms keep pace with technological innovations and developments as a way of protecting investment in technology.
- Manage relationships with all technology based service providers as a way of ensuring that uptimes are optimized.
- Evaluate, plan, implement and maintain the assigned Bank’s information technology and telecommunication system and projects within agreed time and budget constraints.
- Develop and manage a Business Continuity Plan and Data Security Plan for the appropriate systems (including IT Operations) in order to guarantee continuation of services at all times.
- Increase computer awareness and literacy among staff to enhance skills base and productivity.
- Ensure appropriate controls and monitoring mechanisms to keep information technology operations and services in place despite power outages and telecommunication failures.
- Monitor and manage service user complaints to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of se7778899Organize, manage and motivate fellow staff members and partners whenever assigned to projects or incidences through establishment of suitable structures and implementing development programs to optimize competence and productivity.
- Ensure appropriate MIS are produced for IT and the bank’s management.
- As a member of various systems related committees and projects, take a proactive role in influencing policy and the strategic direction of the Bank.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in IT or related field
- Database Management Certification in Oracle or Sybase.
- Minimum of 5yrs experience in Database Administration and specifically Oracle, Sybase and SAP Hana.
- At least 7 years’ experience in supporting IT systems in general.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in installing, setup, support and troubleshooting modern database systems with at least 4 years on Oracle and three years on MS-SQL in a high availability environment
- At least 4 years’ experience in Storage and Backup management, working in UNIX and windows environment.
- Thorough experience in formal Software Lifecycle methodology, design and administration of RBMSs.
- Experience in Sybase (or SAP Hanna) will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in project management.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Takes a structured and effective approach to own work and demonstrates leadership potential.
- Is able to analyze, diagnose, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets, exhibiting familiarity with available tools, standards and procedures and making correct choices from alternatives.
- Effective communicator, able to guide and advise clients and business partners.
- Astute at planning for mission critical production activities.
- Proficiency with the following Oracle and Microsoft database technology stack;
- Good understanding of SOA-centric concepts and technologies, authentication and data security.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL as a best practice framework for Systems Development.
- Team Work and Interpersonal skills,
- Leadership Skills
- Demonstrate Integrity and Professionalism
- Good communication Skills both written and Verbal
Application Deadline 19th November 2020