Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADVERT No: KAG.TTC/HR/CW/05/2020-2021 – CLERK OF WORKS 1 (ONE POST)
Requirement for Appointments
candidate must have:-
- Minimum of Higher Diploma in Building/Construction and/or Civil Engineering from a recognized university/National Polytechnic
- At least 2 years’ experience in project oversight
- Well versed in ICT both as a working and reporting tool
- Self-driven and proven ability to work smart and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to supervise staff and knowledge of sourcing/procurement processes
- High degree of personal integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise construction works activities in accordance with the technical specifications and as directed by the Project Manager.
- Meet operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of all our projects
- Dealing with the logistics of supplies
- Scheduling sequence of works, plans for construction, accountability for provision of materials
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required
- Make suggestions and recommendations for repair.
- Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
- Trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
- Ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
- Manage tool and materials inventory for each project. Ensure unused materials are accounted for.
Candidates are expected to submit scanned copies of valid clearance certificates from the following organizations and produce the original documents when they appear for interview in fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution;
- Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
- Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this advertisement;
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
- Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are advised to upload the applications and testimonials ONLINE through the College email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 20th November, 2020.
Online applications should be addressed to;
THE CHIEF PRINCIPAL
Kagumo Teachers’ Training College
P.O Box 18 – 10100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Kagumo Teachers’ Training College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate Diversity and Committed to Providing an Inclusive Environment for all Employees.