Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMR/6 Vacancy No. FN-005-11-2020
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline; CPA (K) A relevant master’s degree is preferred
- At least five (5) years’ relevant post-qualification experience in administration and accounting
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet-based applications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the day-to-day financial operations of the study and ensuring the timely submission of all accounting information and reports as required by KEMRI
- Strengthening Study financial controls and preparing the annual budgets in coordination with the Team Leaders, study coordinators and RCTP Program Officers;
- Maintaining and updating all accounting records in a timely, accurate, efficient and secure manner and facilitating periodic compliance audit visits;
- Overseeing the logistics, procurement and administration activities of the study in line with KEMRI procedures;
- Following up study grantees, staff and / or consultants to account for monies advanced to them and ensuring adherence to statutory requirements; and
- Training finance and program staff in Study / KEMRI systems, principles of financial reporting and financial and administrative control for field-site operations.
- •Works in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity
Other require skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills:
- Maintain frequent contact using cell phone, email, and Skype
- Diplomatic with strong leadership skills.
- Organized and keen to detail
- Enthusiasm for community-based development work
- Natural ability to multitask, problem solve, and work with others to resolve challenges
- Interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment with extensive travel to rural sites in southern Nyanza Province
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; email@example.com
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.