Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMR/6 Vacancy No. FN-011-11-2020
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology.
- Registration with the Kenya Counseling Psychology Association
- A valid counseling license
- Relevant work experience in the field of HIV especially with adolescents and young adults.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting training to providers and patients
- Provide pre and post-test counselling to study participants
- Administer the tablet questionnaire
- Label Results card
- Fill demographic info on Results Card
- Responsible for safety of tablet and other study equipment assigned to them
- Conduct meetings and communication with local leaders and community units
- Participate in the ordering of supplies and equipment for home based counselling and testing with appropriate use of local resources when available
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Other required skills:
- Post qualification experience in conducting field research, surveys or community based activities with people living with HIV will be an added advantage.
- Strong Communication and organization skills; detail oriented
- Independent judgment and resourcefulness, understanding of the local social and geographical landscape as well as the community required
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili and Dholuo required
- Must be willing to work in rural remote settings of Suba, Mbita, Uriri & Rongo with extra hours and long distances travels.
- Computer literacy a must
- Some clinical research experience and having worked in a clinic/hospital set up preferred
- Ability to ride a motorbike (with a valid driving license) will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.