Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMR/7 Vacancy No. FN-014-11-2020
Reports to: Administrator
Duration: 7 Months
- O-Level School Certificate.
- Valid Driving License class BCE
- Current Certificate of Good conduct
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding the study design and objectives to assist in the successful implementation of the study
- Safely driving the vehicles as assigned
- Ensuring compliance to the road traffic act
- Carrying out daily routine checks on the vehicle before driving out
- Ensuring maximum security of vehicle and its accessories under his/her charge
- Ensuring safety of passengers and cargo under his/her charge
- Monitoring condition and performance of vehicle and promptly reporting to supervisors
- Carrying out minor repairs and adjustments on the vehicle, and maintaining their cleanliness
- Taking vehicle for servicing and repairs as directed by the supervisors
- Maintaining a transport log for the vehicle
- Ensuring that the vehicle is used only for study related purposes
- Updating the Transport officer on any incidents or accidents involving the vehicle on the same day
- Picking up and dropping off the study visitors
- Submitting reports on vehicle movements and mechanical conditions as requested.
Other required skills:
- First Aid at Work Certificate from St. Johns Ambulance /Red cross( Mandatory)
- Certificate of Defensive Driving Course will be added advantage.
- At least Three years proven experience as a driver on highways
- Basic Automotive Mechanical skills and sound knowledge about vehicles/ Suitability test certificate from Ministry of Roads and public works
- Ability to provide quick solutions to problems.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Good time management
- Capable of working for long hours, weekends and sometimes at odd situations
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.