Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMR/6 Vacancy No. FN-006-11-2020
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences. A master’s degree would be an added advantage
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- Current KMLTTB practicing license
Duties and responsibilities:
- He/she oversees all laboratory activities, supervises specimen delivery and shipment process, and manages short and long term storage of the specimens Organizes and manages laboratory testing procedures according to the study protocol and specific SOPs
- Develops laboratory SOPs for various study laboratory and shipment procedures
- Maintains the laboratory SOPs and ensures that any updates are read and signed by all laboratory staff members
- Supervises calibration and documentation of the laboratory equipment, refrigerators, and freezers
- Monitoring of all temperature logs
- Ensures that adequate quality assurance measures with respect to reagents, equipment, and samples are observed
- Ensures that adequate stocks of reagents and other consumables are available
- Advises the study manager and study administrator on quotations and purchasing for laboratory equipment and supplies
- Ensures laboratory staff members receive adequate training on all laboratory procedures and specimens shipment (including international shipment)
- Coordinates laboratory-related activities, including:
- Receiving samples from the study sites, tracking and checking for proper labeling, correct specimen, correct transportation and correct storage of specimen
- Performing laboratory procedures and processes
- Entering laboratory results into the study DCFs and database if necessary
- Communicate abnormal laboratory results or related concerns to the study coordinator in a timely fashion
- Provides laboratory results and study forms that are timely and accurate and as per study protocol
- Assures confidentiality of study participant test results
- Conducts study procedures according to the Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice (GCLP)
- Obtains all necessary laboratory certificates and quality control tests and documentation
- Works in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity
Other required skills:
- Good clinical and laboratory practices training (GCLP)
- Knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs including Freezer works and Sample archival and storage working knowledge
- Experience with sample export/shipment
- Knowledge of requirements for quality results
- Laboratory data and inventory management
- Laboratory commodity management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Able to Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment with extensive travel to rural sites in Homabay and Migori counties
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and work with others to resolve challenges.
- Strong communication, training, leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated competence with managing administrative records.
- Ability to ride a motorbike and possession of a valid driving license will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.