Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
No of Positions: 3
KMR/7 Vacancy No. FN-007-11-2020
Reports to: Laboratory Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
- BSc/Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from KMTC or recognized training institution
- Registered member of the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing study specific assays, viral loads, UECs, CBC, CD4 count Malaria tests, Blood sugar, microscopy etc
- Sample collection and handling: DBS for viral sequencing(VS) and pharmacokinetics (PK), Phlebotomy whole blood for viral load analysis and Infant DBS for Early Infant HIV Diagnosis, Hair samples preparation and storage etc
- Performing maintenance and troubleshooting on laboratory equipment’s
- Ensuring appropriate Laboratory Waste segregation and management
- Accurate reporting of lab results within acceptable turnaround time.
- Perform laboratory ART assays as per the study protocol
- Must participate in EQA Proficiency testing scheme
- Ensures adequate quality assurance measures with respect to reagents, equipment, and samples are observed
- Safe maintenance of accurate laboratory documents and Logs
- Work professionally and observe relevant ethical standards, competence, accountability and integrity
- Generate daily summary reports in real time
- Any other duty as assigned by the laboratory coordinator
Other required skills:
- Trained on Good clinical and laboratory practice (GCLP)
- Previous experience in a busy HIV laboratory
- Experience in rapid antibody HIV testing and counselling skills
- Experience in community work
- Experience in viral load sample collection and management
- Laboratory Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Knowledge of commodity management
- Experience in Rapid Diagnostic Test for Malaria, and Blood sugar
- Ability to work extra hours and in hard to reach rural communities in Homabay and Migori Counties
- Enthusiasm for community-based development work.
- Natural ability to multitask, innovative, and work with others as a team to achieve objectives and resolve challenges
- Any other duty as assigned by the laboratory Coordinator
- Ability to ride a motorbike (with a valid riding/driving license) will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; email@example.com
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.