Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KMR/6 Vacancy No. FN-016-11-2020
Reports to: Qualitative Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
- Diploma/Degree in the Social Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Agriculture, Nutrition or Public Health.
- Prior work experience conducting qualitative interviews strongly preferred
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word,
- Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based applications (Skype); experience with qualitative data management software (Atlas Ti, NVivo, other) an added advantage.
- Ensures smooth progression of data collection, data management, coding and data analysis, and write-up of results.
- Serves as the qualitative interviewer and focus group facilitator for the study,
- Carries out participant observation exercises
- Responsible for ensuring informed consent procedures and other ethical standards for the study are followed.
- Participates in coding transcripts using Atlas.ti software, and participates in data analysis and report writing.
Other required skills:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to maintain frequent contact using cell phone, email, and internet-based phone (i.e. Skype).
- Ability to monitor, gather and evaluate information of broad scope and complexity
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English, Kiswahili, and Dholuo.
- Interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment, with extensive travel within rural study sites in Homabay and Migori counties
- High level financial and data integrity
- Enthusiasm for rural health and/or development work.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and work with others to resolve challenges.
- Strong communication, training, leadership skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated competence with managing administrative records.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; email@example.com
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.