Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This position is responsible for the management of procurement services of goods, services and works for the Institute as per the Institute’s procurement policies and procedures.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBS
Managerial / Supervisory/ Operational Responsibilities or roles:
- a) Provide leadership in the automation of procurement process in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) in liaison with ICT department.
- b) Ensure adherence to procurement procedures and standards through creating awareness to the users on the processes to be followed.
- c) Ensure availability of quality goods and services ordered and prompt delivery of the same to the user through timely processing of the requisitions placed.
- d) Manage an efficient supply base through open tendering and pre-qualification process for all goods & services used by the institute.
- e) Secretary to the procurement committee which oversees the large procurement for the institute.
- f) Ensure cost rationalization by carrying out price surveys to determine price trends to help suppliers’ appraisal.
- g) Manage supplier relationships through maintaining good communication and timely processing of payments for mutual benefit of the institute and the suppliers.
- h) Production of management reports to inform the management on decision making.
- i) Supervise and train staff in the department to enhance work efficiency.
- j) Advise the management on internal control to be applied in procurement to enhance efficiency.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum level of academic qualification, skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in the role:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce or any other related field.
Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role:
Be a member a of Kenya Institute of Management or Charted Institute of Purchasing and Suppliers
Minimum months or years of experience required to have to be appointed to the position :
Three(3) years of relevant experience
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- a) Timely delivery of Goods, services and works
- b) Cost Efficiency
- c) Seamless functionality of Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) System
- d) Management Reporting
- e) Quality of Goods and Services procured
- a) Knowledge on Public procurement
- b) Knowledge on Enterprise Resource Planning
- c) Contract Management
- d) Records Management
- e) Resource Management
- a) Continuously seek new way of doing things.
- b) Listens to and acknowledges the feelings, concerns, opinions and ideas of others.
- c) Goes beyond the expected procedures and tasks to provide satisfactory client experience.
- d) Makes specific changes in the system or in their own work methods to improve performance.
Key Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate for the above position must have at least three (3) years of relevant experience, a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Commerce or any other related field and a member of Kenya Institute of Management or Charted Institute of Purchasing and Suppliers.
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website: www.kim.ac.ke for more in- formation. Application letters in MS Word format can be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 18th November, 2020.
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.
NB: Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.