Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the role
We are currently seeking an exceptional, passionate, dynamic, and gender equality expert to take on the position of Programme Officer- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (PO – SRHR) on a one year fixed term contract. Reporting to the SRHR Lead, the PO- SRHR will handle SRHR advocacy and campaign projects at FEMNET, ensuring that the organisation takes advantage of the synergies that enhance the effectiveness of the Network’s Programmes. The PO- SRHR will contribute to the conceptualisation of the initiatives and SRHR advocacy projects, run the thematic work both administratively and content wise.
The position holder will work closely with diverse teams to formulate and implement specific activities in the annual work plan for the Network in accordance to FEMNET’s contractual obligations and internal policies and procedures and provide technical design and management of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights aspect to ensure FEMNET SRH&R address the needs and aspirations of African Women and Girls.
Terms of Reference
- Ensure FEMNET SRHR is grounded on “Rights” and echoed by African Feminist Principles
- Support SRHR work across the region with major focus on Bodily Autonomy and Integrity (BAI) implementing partners in 6 countries
- Support the documentation of periodic reports and activities developed as part of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Programs.
- With support from the SRHR Lead, work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Lead to ensure all SRHR projects within FEMNET are aligned to Monitoring and evaluation framework
- With support from the SRHR Lead, work closely with capacity Building Coordinator to ensure that all Women Rights Organization grantees are provided with technical assistance in the formulation of policies and research.
- Provide support to SRHR advocacy work at FEMNET
- Contribute and participate to FEMNET’S meaningful and strategic participation in various national. Sub-regional, regional and global spaces.
- Support the implementation of all SRHR projects within FEMNET and ensuring quality assurance and standard practices and guidelines are adhered to.
- Represent FEMNET in different advocacy and influencing space
- Maintain good and strong relationship with FEMNET’s SRHR partners while ensuring accountability and delivery of high impact programs.
- Provide support to the implementation to FEMNET’s new strategic plan and SRHR Portfolio.
This role offers a unique opportunity for an individual with a genuine passion and commitment to work for the advancement of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of African Women and Girls by leading specific actions of one of the largest and influential pan-African feminist networks.
Experience, Skills competencies, and qualifications:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Gender, International relations, or any other relevant discipline from a recognised university.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 2 – 3 years’ related experience and/or equivalent combination and achievement against the majority of the TORs
- Demonstrate commitment and experience in SRHR and/or women’s human rights organising in Africa in all of its diversity.
- Proven research, analytical skills, and ability to apply them in inter-disciplinary contexts
- Comfortable with virtual communication – through email, Skype, and social media
- Strong oral and written communication skills to a wide range of audiences
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-interest, multiethnic environment
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task under limited supervision
- Experience working at the African regional level and international levels including working with African Union Institutions/Organs and UN Bodies.
- Strong Information Technology (IT) & Information System (IS) skills, including Microsoft Office packages, ERPs etc.
- A critical understanding of and deep commitment to feminism, social justice, and human rights issues facing women and trans* people worldwide.
- Demonstrate commitment to Charter of African Feminist Principles
- Shares the values of the organization: integrity, feminisms, wellbeing, justice, courage, and mindful engagement
- Ability to break down complex information into actionable points
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in English. Competency in French will be added an advantage
- Thrives in a small team atmosphere with highly collaborative and consensus-driven activists
- Works methodically with attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential information
- A high level of self-awareness, sound judgement, self-care, passion and flexibility
- Ability to multi-task under limited supervision
- Willing to travel frequently within Africa and beyond.
Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: email@example.com. Please indicate the reference on the subject line as Program Officer – Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) (FNT/EOI/31/2020) , Deadline for submission of applications is on 24th November 2020
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. The position is open to African citizens who are legible to work in Kenya, young women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply