Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our client, an international company with offices in United Arabs Emirates, South Africa, Somalia and Kenya, working in Aviation industry – Aircraft rescue and firefighting- seeks to recruit an Aviation Fire Station Manager responsible for supervising the firefighting crew members’ activities at their stations and to turn-out to the scene of Aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF) emergencies to supervise firefighting and rescue operations ensuring the firefighting exercise runs smoothly.
Job Title: Aviation Fire Station Manager
Career Level: Senior level
Qualification: Degree / Higher National Diploma
Location: Nairobi, Johannesburg and Mogadishu
Experience: 12 years
Number of Positions: Three (3)
Aircraft rescue and firefighting /Lead FireFighter will
- Respond to ARFF fire & non-fire emergencies at an assigned airfield and camp locations and take command of the incident and oversee firefighting operations.
- Preparation of incident reports.
- Participate in Scheduled drills and tactical exercises, and also to participate in joint emergency exercises.
- Prepare inspection and checking schedules and duty rosters
- Conduct and supervise scheduled training sessions/drills/exercises
- Visit fire stations and other deployments, locations for checking alertness of staff and books & other records of ARFF activities
- Attend from time to time meetings and to comply with the instructions from Superiors/ Aviation management to ensure continuity and efficient functioning of operations and activities
- Inspect (scheduled inspection) regularly all ARFF facilities to ensure compliance with Fire Prevention and Fire Protection requirements
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Relevant Degree/ Diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate;
- Certificate from a Fire College, Fire Brigade School, Fire Training Centre or similar for the position of at least Fire Service Team/Platoon Leader is required;
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and strategic/systematic thinking and decisiveness.
- Must have a sound understanding of Aircraft rescue and firefighting services
- Must be proactive and hands on
- A minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience in public fire service is required; or alternatively, a minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in a fire safety supervisory position to include a position of a fire safety supervisor or equivalent is required
- For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English required
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity.
Our client is an Equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants to send their applications, CV, certificates and cover letter to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to reach us by 1700hrs 22nd November, 2020.
- The Job title should be the subject of the email
- Include daytime telephone number