Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Deputy Director,
Girl Child Network (GCN) is an independent, non-political, non-religious, not for profit membership organization working to improve the status of children in Kenya. with emphasis on the girl child.
GCN seeks a highly experienced Deputy Director to support the Executive Director in the day to day running of the organization. The Deputy Director will be a key member of the Senior Management Team tasked with the responsibilities of ensuring quality implementation of program work, strategic partnership with other like-minded organizations, to support all fundraising efforts and growth of the organization in delivery of high impact programs, in line with the organization’s Strategic Objective Areas (SOAs). Similarly, the Deputy Director will also support development and implementation of programs measurement frameworks as well as development and implementation of the organization’s internal controls and procedures.
- Take lead in planning, designing and implementation of all GCN’s program work;
- Lead in development of tools for research work to inform development and designing of quality programs and projects;
- Support the Executive Director in development and execution of communication and fundraising strategies;
- Develop innovative approaches in mobilizing both financial and non-financial resources locally and internationally;
- Oversee the development and writing of highly competitive grant proposals for purposes of developing a sustainability strategy/kit for the Girl Child Network;
- Support the Executive Director to guide, review and manage the organization’s Strategic Plan
- Ensure adherence to policies and statutory compliance
- Ensure timely, accurate and quality financial and narrative reporting compliance with donors
- Develop annual program work and budget projections;
- Take lead in capacity building and capacity strengthening of the staff and GCN’s network members;
- Support the Executive Director to review and strengthen GCN’s internal controls and procedures
- Lead in “branding” of Girl Child Network locally, regionally and internationally;
- Develop and maintain a network of media contacts for strategic communication partnerships for the benefit of the organization;
- Coordinate documentation of best practices for the organization for purposes of fundraising and resource mobilization;
- Any other duties as it may be assigned by the Executive
- Highly experienced in program planning, designing and implementation;
- Excellent in development and execution of internal controls and procedures;
- Strong strategic planning and strategy execution;
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills with experience in networking with local and international NGOs, CSOs, donors, Ministry-level partners, and other organizations;
- Strong awareness of current issues regarding GCN’s core mandate within the international, regional and local development and donor funding opportunities;
- Knowledge of various donor requirements and proven ability to develop and write winning grants proposals;
- Extensive knowledge in program planning, design development and management;
- Proven ability in grant management reporting;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Dynamic, self-motivated and be able to work independently;
- Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, e-mail and web based research; use of virtual office applications will be an added advantage;
- University degree in Community Development, Social Sciences, International Relations, or any other related Social Sciences. A Masters’ degree in development, management, or a related development field is desirable;
- Over 12 years of experience working with National or INGOs
- At least 10 years of experience working at a senior level in management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting fundraising
- Fluency in English and
How To Apply
Interested candidates who possess the required qualifications can send their hard copy applications with detailed CV and relevant credentials, with current and expected salary, a day time telephone contact and names of 3 referees to Girl Child Network, Valley View Office Park, Tower A, 5th Flr,6th Parklands, Limuru Road, Off City Park Drive, P. O. Box 2447-00200, Nairobi.
Applications for this positions close on 25th November 2020 at 4.00 p.m. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.