Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Direct Reports to:- Managing Director
- The position is responsible for legal matters pertaining to the company in ensuring that the Business operations of the Company are undertaken and mitigating the Company’s inherent exposure in contracts and documents relating to its business; resolving disputes affecting the Company using the systems provided for in law;
- Rendering Professional Legal to the Board of Directors on corporate and legal affairs and matters of Corporate governance, making administrative arrangement for Board meetings, preparing agenda and board papers and ensuring all Board members receive agenda before scheduled meetings and within stipulated timelines
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: –
- The position is responsible for legal matters pertain to the company, including issues of property management, insurance of company assets, covenanting and perfection of securities;
- Ensure diligent preparation and assessment of loan documentations for generated loans (loan documents i.e. loan agreements charges, deeds of guarantee (etc.);
- Represent the organization in all issues requiring legal address, claims, defamation, legal suits etc.;
- Rendering professional legal advice to the management. i.e. procurement committee and advise on aspects of public procurement law and the Board for any legal action to be initiated and / or defending the interest of the company thereof;
- Advising KIE on the legal aspects of day-to-day administrative matters or problems connected with the company’s legal regulations;
- Advising the Board of Directors on corporate and legal affairs and matters of corporate governance;
- Arranging and conducting periodic special meetings of the Board, preparing agenda and Board papers and ensuring all Board members receive agenda before scheduled meetings and within stipulated timelines;
- Store legal instruments related to the organization i.e. contracts, leases, logbooks, agreements etc.;
- Making administrative arrangements for Board meetings e.g. accommodation, flight transport arrangements, bookings and ensuring provision of what will be required;
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Law from Kenya school of Law;
- Master’s Degree in the relevant fields will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Possess a current practicing certificate;
- Registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries (ICPSK);
- At least seven (7) years of work experience with at least 3 years in a responsible or management position in a busy legal function/demanding environment;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfilled the provision of chapter six of the constitution.
How to apply:-
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply. Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and indicate their current and expected salaries to the undersigned. In addition, all applicants Must download and fill Form 1A attached and forward them to the email given below. The applications should be received not later than 24th November, 2020. (Email: (email@example.com)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB – KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.
KENYA INDUSTRIAL ESTATES LTD,
P.O. Box 78029-00507, NAIROBI.
Email 😦 firstname.lastname@example.org)