Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Airtel Kenya wishes to recruit for the position of IT Operations Manager. The role holder will provide and execute strategic and operational direction for the IT Operations function. He/she will ensure that systems are fit for purpose, appropriately integrated, sized, deliver the functional and performance required to achieve business goals.
Reporting to the IT Director, the incumbent’s role will include and are not limited to;
- Lead overall management of the IT operations initiatives by understanding the overall picture of the business, provide strategic inputs and align the activities /decisions on tactical basis.
- Ensure that business applications and Systems for B2B & B2C such as Billing Systems, CRM, Charging systems are up and running at all times in order to provide seamless customer experience.
- Carry out impact analysis for the recently deployed projects in order to assess the customer response and make recommendations for improvement.
- Closely engage and maintain relationship with the IT partners to discuss or provide specifications on IT operations projects and ensure high service levels.
- Drive operation optimization and improvement initiatives through the IT Partners by establishing and measuring KPIs and SLA in coordination with Governance team. D Develop corrective and preventive measures
- Periodically review of IT Partners performance metrics in line with business requirement. Carry out root cause analysis and action planning in case of any deviation.
- Engage with both internal and external customers to provide IT assistance and address any operation issues
- Direct the deployment, management and availability of the Disaster Recovery Systems in case of System breakdown. Ensure management of back up environment for all the critical data.
- Work closely with IT team to resolve complex operational issues and seek support in fixing Operational break downs/bugs.
- Produce periodic reports for Operations and recommend changes to the IT Operations plan.
- Keep abreast of changes in IT sector and the surrounding environment to anticipate the possible opportunities of introducing best practices.
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering or other related disciplines with 4 – 6 years with preferably within the Telecoms industry
- Professional qualification in ITIL, Programming Languages, Networking and Database Administration
- Thorough knowledge of the self-service reporting tools like Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Discoverer
- Conversant with how Operating systems interact with systems, & specific experience with UNIX & Windows Operating Systems is a must.
- Experience in Unix Scripting and coding methodologies e.g. SQL scripting, programming and Relational Databases
- Experience in data modeling techniques & SQL Server and/or Oracle databases.
Competencies and behavior:
- Good project management skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills (both written & oral)
- Able to negotiate and manage outsourced partners
- Customer centric
- A team player
Interested and qualified candidates including staff referrals are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. State the name of the vacancy as your subject. The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 20th November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted