Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are a leading outpatient care & day care medical Centre in Nairobi.
We are seeking to hire a motivated & qualified candidate for the position of a Outpatient Nurse.
Are you interested in being part of a team delivering world class healthcare in hands you can trust?
If so, then this is what will be expected of you:
Job Summary: The OutPatient Nurse is responsible for providing general nursing care to patients suffering from general medical or surgical conditions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete head to toe assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs
- Responsible for total patient care, including medication, orders, and treatments
- Evaluation and recording of patients conditions
- Perform pain assessment and initiate analgesia as per protocol
- Monitor vital signs and report to the physician
- Provide bedside nursing care
- Administer medication and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Prepare the patient for various medical procedures such as X-ray, ECG, Ultrasound, and MRI etc
- Follow discharge procedure of assigned patients according to hospital protocol, and ensure follow up appointments are made
- Attend to patient emergencies as and when they arise
- Ensure patient records are accurately captured and filed in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Ensure that all medical records required by the government are well documented i.e. DDA Records, Vaccines etc.
- Care for equipment through proper cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of nonfunctional equipment to the nurse manager
- Ensure proper inventory management such as replenishing and consuming stocks as per procurement procedures
- Update professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Serve and protect the institution by adhering to professional guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as local and international standards
- Perform any other duties within the professional scope of employment as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or appointed authority
- A Diploma in Nursing from an accredited Nursing School
- Post basic diploma in Emergency Care will be an added advantage
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), ACLS, EPLS or ETAT
- 2-4 years of continuous clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital
- Knowledge of a wide range of medications and the clinical indications they are prescribed for
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow doctor’s instructions accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload
How to Apply
Please send your application including your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 20th November 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, gender, religion, nationality, physical or mental disability, age or sexual orientation.