Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location : Likoni sub county of Mombasa
Length of contract : Short Term Contract on needs
MSF is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need. In partnership & collaboration with the Mombasa County Government/Department of Health, MSF implements ‘Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare’ services at the Mrima health facility in Likoni, sub-county of Mombasa. The objective of the activities is to increase access to quality maternal & neonatal health care services to contribute in improving maternal and newborn outcomes.
Screening: to detect if a patient is suspected of having COVID-19. The objective is to separate suspected cases from other patients, to prevent the latter being infected, and to enable correct IPC for the protection of health workers and others.
Triage: to assess the acuity of a patient. The objective of triage is to rapidly sort patients by level of acuity to focus resources for optimal patient benefit.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, biohazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical ethics and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aid, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Participate crowd control with watchman at the hospital gate, deliver to the population for prevention measures (encourage hand hygiene, social distance, cover nose and mouth, cough etiquette etc) of COVID-19.
- Work in good harmonization with Community Health Volunteer/Health Promotor at COVID-19 triage, support them when they need medical staff’s help.
- Respect MSF triage guideline and chain of communication to DoH public health officer when identified suspected case.
- Provide medical care based on the condition without delay, with Medical officer OPD/Maternity.
- Be ready for any obstetric emergency, close communication with Maternity ward.
MSF Section/ Context Specific Accountabilities
Essential Recognized Nursing Diploma Experience
Desirable Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Kiswahili and English
Results and Quality Orientation
Teamwork and Cooperation
Commitment to MSF Principles
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter, copies of certificates/diplomas on or before 18th November 2020 through http://www.uhired.me/public/job/398 after your registration on the website.
Only online application will be considered. We apologize that due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee