Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
TRAVEL UP TO
10% – mainly within Nairobi
Text Book Center HQ, Kijabe Street, Nairobi
Text Book Centre is 55 years old and we aim at continuing to enrich people’s minds for another 55 years and more…
We will endure by reinventing ourselves, by striving to satisfy our customers and delight our consumers. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced and talented Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to own the company’s budgeting process, align the business to optimize for profitability and cash flow, report on the company’s performance and advise the executive leadership on the strategic direction of the company. As our FP&A Manager, you will report to the Financial Controller with a dotted line to the Managing Director and will be a member of the extended leadership team.
Furthermore, the FP&A manager provides a range of financial support to the growth and effective management of the company. He/she is capable of handling and thoroughly analysing a mountain of different types of data and data evaluation metrics. He/she is responsible for the data management, financial analysis and reporting across all functions. Furthermore, the FP&A Manager will utilize both quantitative and qualitative analysis of all operational aspects of a company in order to evaluate the company’s progress toward achieving its strategic goals and to map out future goals both organically and through acquisitions. The role requires the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistently accurate, high quality financial analyses.
Finally, the FP&A Manager understands the meaning and implications of each individual financial statement, but also sees the larger picture of how a company’s total financial position is reflected by the combination of assets, liabilities, cash flow, and income and can proactively advise the executive leadership team on the actions to take to reach the company’s strategic and financial goals.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead the FP&A team, manage the workload and track the deliverables including coaching, driving, and developing the team and advise on individual team member’s performance.
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team to define and drive the annual and long-range strategic plan.
- Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business’s medium to long term financial and strategic plan across the three major channels (retail, wholesale, e-commerce) and main product categories (books, stationery, technology, toys and art).
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations.
- Define and implement the reporting, analysis, planning, forecasting model of the company across all functions and cost centres.
- Producing models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors.
- Provide detailed analysis and insights on the company’s performance across channels and categories along with the cost centre results to the Executive Leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Reviews company’s investments and suggests opportunities for the company to expand or grow.
- Mapping-out growth plans, including capital expenditures and investments. Generating three- to five-year financial forecasts.
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations.
- Conduct analyses and reporting for corporate functions including, monthly financial analysis, reforecasting, variance analysis, profitability analysis, and graphical summaries of business unit financial performance.
- Lead the implementation of new financial reporting and roll out of SAP reporting tools.
- Utilising Business Intelligence tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance using dashboards.
- Support initiatives targeted at financial processes improvement and the implementation of changes to achieve efficiencies.
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, motivation, and positive attitude around the accomplishment of the team’s objectives while remaining agile in a fast-paced environment.
- 8-10 years of experience in Finance with exposure to both FP&A andaccounting, including at least 3 years in an omnichannel retail environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. MBA or MSC is an added advantage.CPA/ACCA, CFA preferred.
- SAP expert with solid financial modelling experience, using different tools and techniques.
- Microsoft Excel wizard who is comfortable with Business Intelligence and data reporting tools.
- Strong people manager with a passion for career development and building high-performing teams.
- Outstanding problem solver who does not shy away from complex financial and operational issues and can think critically along with strategically.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Can form and develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles and organizational levels to drive cross-functional initiatives involving teammates from across the organization.
- Possess strong communication skills and able to communicate and present both internally and externally with individuals at all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
How to apply?
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest with your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd November 2020.