Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
To offer strategic planning and management of services and processes that affect the core business of business units particularly in relation to buildings and premises. This is so as to ensure that a workplace meets the needs of the employees and suits the activities to be carried out therein.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Facilities/Property Management including:
- Utilities, cleaning and security, Repair & Maintenance for furniture, power & cooling equipment, Interior and exterior branding (signage installations) and maintenance and other facilities infrastructure
- Lease management including reviews and negotiation of leases for all units/premises acquired by the bank
- Workspace planning & optimization
- Outsourced service provider Management – Developing and managing of service level agreements for all contractors and conducting evaluations based on the SLAs
- Ensuring compliance to statutory requirements e.g. Energy Management, OSHA, NEMA
- Project Management – Ensure all bank’s construction projects are done according to the approved policy/contract documents and the stipulated building rules and regulations/codes. This includes:
- Site identification – Coordination and sourcing of viable premises for banking in line with business strategy on planned expansion
- Project design & Planning
- Project cost management
- Project implementation including management of 3rd Party Project Management Consultant and contractors
- Preparing management report on planned expansions for Board reviews and approvals
- Managing staff and maintaining high quality performance including conducting appraisals and rating for Facilities staff
- Budget & Cost Management:
- Oversee and ensure proper cost management in all portfolio areas for the department including approval of payment documents including; invoices, certificates and utility bills among others.
- Making budgets and management of the approved budgets
- Ensuring team compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures and team quality targets are strictly adhered to
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in operational facilities management
- Proven skills and experience in Real Estate, MEP and Civil Engineering Projects Management
- Excellent knowledge in design interpretation of drawing designs
- Experience in the area of establishing standards and implementing complex business continuity plans
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to deliver business solutions
- Ability to manage large scale with a very wide geographical scope across the Group
- Up to date knowledge on statutory requirements such as OSHA, Energy Management
Key Critical Competencies
- Business strategy awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning skills-ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Space management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to network
- Good communication skills
- Team work skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- University degree or equivalent in Construction related courses; Engineering, Architecture, Land Economics, Interior Design, Building Economics, with a minimum of 8 years in Facilities & Project Management with at least 5 years at Manager level
- Project Management and or Real Estate professional qualifications an added advantage
- Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
Deadline Nov 24, 2020