Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The terms of appointment for the following position shall be on Permanent & Pensionable Terms of Service:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, AUDIT SERVICES KeNHA GRADE 4 -(Ref. No. KeNHA/AD-AUDIT/020/2020)
Terms of Service Permanent & Pensionable
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Audit Services
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Audit Services
Supervises: Senior Internal Auditor
The job holder will be responsible for implementation of internal audit programmes and controls in order to manage key risks in the Authority and preparation of periodic audit reports
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas;
- ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules;
- assisting in the preparation of specific audit assignment plans and programmes;
- performing audit tests on the internal controls in accounting, administrative and operational procedures;
- ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
- preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings;
- leading specific audit teams; and
- preparing periodic audit reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum eight (8) years in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in comparable position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Civil Engineering, Information Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of any of the following Certified Public Accountants (CPA K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certificate in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Full membership with ICPAK and either IIA, ISACA, ACCA, ACFE or any other recognized professional body;
- A letter of good standing from with ICPAK and either IIA, ISACA, ACCA, ACFE or any other recognized professional body;
- Demonstrated Management Competency including Project Management skills;
- Proven Proficiency in computer applications;and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on 7th December, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the HRM Department Office OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. , and addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.