Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The terms of appointment for the following position shall be on Permanent & Pensionable Terms of Service:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, SOCIAL SAFEGUARDS KeNHA GRADE 4-(Ref. No. KeNHA/AD-SS/019/2020)
Terms of Service Permanent & Pensionable
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Highway Planning & Design
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Environmental & Social Safeguards
Supervises: Senior Sociologists
The job holder will be responsible for implementation of social strategies; and social Impact Studies.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- formulating strategies for achievement of social provision objectives;
- ensuring proper management and rational utilization of resources on a sustainable basis;
- overseeing collecting, collating, storing and dissemination of social research findings;
- monitoring, assessing, evaluating the impact of development activities on the social issues and advising on corrective measures where appropriate;
- overseeing social impact studies of new projects; and
- coordinating monitoring and evaluation of road projects and ensuring social concerns are properly addressed.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Sociology, Anthropology, social work, community development or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degrees in any of the following disciplines: Sociology, Anthropology, social work, community development or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Gold Membership with Kenya Institute of Social Works or a relevant professional body;
- Demonstrated Management Competency including Project Management skills;
- Proven Proficiency in Computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on 7th December, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the HRM Department Office OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. , and addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.