Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The terms of appointment for the following position shall be for a three (3) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance:
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, RESEARCH & INNOVATION, KeNHA GRADE 3 -(Ref. No. KeNHA/DD-R&I/017/2020)
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Policy Strategy & Compliance
Reporting to: Director, Policy Strategy & Compliance
Supervises: Assistant Director, Research & Innovation
The Job holder will be in charge of Research and Innovation reporting directly to the Director, Policy Strategy & Compliance and is responsible for building partnerships towards the achievement of KeNHA’s Mandate and Strategic Plan, promoting Research & and building capacity towards the achievement of KeNHA’s strategic objectives.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Formulating and implementing the Authority’s Research and Innovation policies, objectives and initiatives;
- Undertaking research, planning and implementing new research strategies, programs and protocols within the Authority;
- Developing proposals based on the identified innovation strategy and working with partners to access funding and /or technical support;
- Developing research methodologies and framework to be used in research projects within the Authority;
- Ensuring all the departments within the Authority adopt cost effective and modern methodologies in all areas of operations;
- Advising on new Business Development opportunities and development of corporate marketing strategic plans;
- Conducting and oversighting research projects and programs that address infrastructure needs;
- Consulting with top management on recommendations based on research findings and product performance;
- Creating linkages with Research and Learning Institutions for effective research and industry relations;
- Coordinating the development of knowledge management and sharing initiatives with the Authority;
- Coordinating technical and corporate research;
- Assessing the scope of research projects and ensures they deliver value at cost;
- Spearheading innovation in the Authority and promoting the adaptation of new methods and products relevant to the Authority’s mandate in all departments;
- Initiate and evaluating the implementation of Research and Innovation across the Authority;
- Ensuring proper management of Human, Financial and Material resources assigned to the department;
- Developing and implementing departmental plans, policies, norms and procedures;
- Creating functional strategies, specific objectives, develop budgets, policies and procedures for the department to support the functional infrastructure.
- Managing performance in the Research Department;
- Managing innovation projects and hubs;
- Leading specific projects in material testing and used of innovative technologies in road works;
- Training and developing of staff of the Department.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- At least twelve (12) years relevant work experience either in public or private sector, five (5) of which should in senior management position;
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Risk Management, Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Risk Management, Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Member to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management Competency including Project Management skills.
- Proven Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on 7th December, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications clearly quoting the reference number (as shown in the detailed Job Specifications) should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director General’s Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. And addressed to:-
The Chairman-Board of Directors,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.