Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The terms of appointment for the following position shall be on Permanent & Pensionable Terms of Service:
SENIOR KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT OFFICER KeNHA GRADE 5-(Ref. No. KeNHA/SKMO/023/2020)
Terms of Service Permanent & Pensionable
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Corporate Services
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Administrative Services
Supervises: Knowledge Management Officer
The job holder shall responsible for identifying knowledge management gaps in the Authority including the capabilities currently in place to enable knowledge to flow including creation, storage and sharing. The job will entail surveying, assessing, identifying and documenting data needs and gaps in the Authority.
Duties and responsibilities at this level entail: –
- Determining the functional department and strategic data needs that inform KeNHA’s knowledge;
- Determining data, information and knowledge that is critical to KeNHA’s business process or focus;
- Determining where the data, information and knowledge resides;
- Establishing knowledge flows between people and systems for business continuity ;
- Documenting knowledge gaps to help inform policy and resource allocation;
- Identifying the various forms of both formal and informal data and information generated in the organization that should form the basis of institutional knowledge;
- Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating all systems and procedures associated with the Authority’s library;
- Review repositories and location of documented and undocumented data, information and knowledge including records, procedure manuals, templates, memos and instructions;
- Identifying and map knowledge management, creation, capturing, sharing, harvesting and storage gaps in the organizations;
- Identifying any blockages and impediments to knowledge flows across the organization;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have;
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in a position in Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Library Studies, Information Science or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Full membership from Kenya Library Association (KLA) or any other relevant body;
- A letter of good standing from the relevant professional body;
- Demonstrated supervisory competency and Project Management skills;
- Proven Proficiency in Computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on 7th December, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2nd Floor (Outside the HRM Department Office OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. , and addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.