Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Started in 2016, Pezesha is a capital enabler platform that connects underserved small and medium sized businesses to working capital among other financial services and also provides financial education through a collaborative approach where banks, MFIs and other financial institutions or networks can connect on their platform to be matched with quality SMEs credit scored using their proprietary credit scoring technology. From its headquarters in Kenya, Pezesha aims to tackle the financing gap for small businesses in sub-Saharan Africa. Pezesha has been approved by CMA (Capital Markets Authority) as among the first Fintechs to exit the CMA regulatory sandbox.
Accounting & Administration Officer
Reporting to the CEO and board of the organization you will be responsible for:
1) Accounting and Tax
- Maintaining accounts for the company and any subsidiaries or related companies as per international financial reporting standards (IFRS and IAS).
- Advising the CEO and the finance team on how to ensure all accounting processes are streamlined and in accordance with law and prevailing conditions.
- Filing and paying all taxes related to the business and any subsidiaries or related parties (PAYE, Withholding Tax, VAT).
- Liaising with external auditors to facilitate annual audits.
- With the assistance of the external auditors, ensuring that final accounts are filed with the tax authorities.
2) Budgeting, Forecasting and Liquidity Management
- Forecasting cash requirements for the business and preparing annual budgets for the different departments and any company activities or projects.
- Reviewing budgets periodically and alerting the CEO and senior team where any action needs to be taken and proposing any corrective actions.
- Forecasting the on-lending requirements for the business and ensuring all funding accounts have sufficient funds to support the various lending activities.
- Performing any ad hoc financial models or analysis for the different business lines upon request to advise on the viability and sustainability of any new projects.
- Coming up with Cost management strategies and implementation
- Preparing regular internal reports (daily, weekly, and monthly) to provide updates for the various organisation departments.
- Preparing reports with updates on the business for external stakeholders such as the Board of Directors and shareholders, partners in joint ventures, grant providers, and other stakeholders.
- Preparing reports for lenders/investors on our platform and advising them on how to maximise returns on their portfolios.
4) Human Resources
- Onboarding any new hires and ensuring their details are obtained and maintained in the company records.
- Ensuring all contracts are signed and well stored with other company records.
- Ensuring all salaries and consultant payments are paid on time and as per the prescribed law.
- Asset allocation and monitoring during the lifetime of the employee with the company
- Ensuring and statutory remittances are done on time (NSSF, NHIF).
- Educating the employees on any company benefits and facilitating their provision to the employees (such as insurance, bonuses, Sacco payments).
- Documenting and improving internal company policies and processes, presenting them to the employees, and ensuring all-round best practices at the workplace.
- Managing relationships with key operational vendors and partners, and being the first point of contact.
- Following up on invoices owed and ensuring supplier payments are made.
- Bank administration. Initiating and facilitating payments to suppliers, customers, employees and consultants, transferring funds within the company accounts and ensuring that there are no discrepancies or irregularities within the various bank accounts.
- Handling petty cash and preparing weekly budgets to ensure that all office expenses are paid on time and that employees have sufficient resources to perform their tasks.
- Ensure efficient management and running of day to day office operations.
- Dashboard administration. Reviewing transactions on the dashboard and ensuring they match what is provided on the mobile money statements and other statements and liaising with the Tech and Credit Operations team to resolve any irregularities.
- Updating the documents used to track debt collection activities and allocating accounts to Credit Risk Officers.
- Liaising with external debt collections agencies to ensure debt collection activities are taking place and the agencies are updated on their progress.
- Handling lender queries and providing them with guidance on issues related to the web app such as withdrawals, deposits, and other app functions.
- Maintaining the asset register and ensuring that all company property is accounted for and kept in good condition.
- Supervising the office manager/messanger in his daily tasks.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to have the following experience-
- Education: Must be from a Finance/Economics or Actuarial Science background
- MUST HAVE financial modelling experience, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Added advantage: professional qualification e.g. CFA, ACCA, CPA, Actuary
- At least 3 years working experience in accounting and treasury management roles
- Deep knowledge of Data Analysis & forecasting methods
- High level communication skills
- Management ability and experience
- Commercial banking or finance experience in a medium- to-larger corporate combined with the technical skills will be an added advantage
- High level of integrity, discipline and attention to detail
Compensation & Perks: Salary + discretionary performance based bonuses + stock options incentives appropriate for the role.
To Apply: Please send your CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 32/Accounting & Administration Officer). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified.