Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The terms of appointment for the following position shall be for a three (3) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance:
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS, KeNHA GRADE 3 -(Ref. No. KeNHA/DD-CC/018/2020)
Terms of Service Contract
Place of Work: Headquarters
Directorate: Policy Strategy & Compliance
Reporting to: Director, Policy Strategy & Compliance
Supervises: Assistant Director, Corporate Communications
The Job holder will be in charge of the Corporate Communications department overseeing corporate communications, media management strategies and management of the Authority’s brand and image.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- formulating corporate affairs and communication policies, strategies, procedures and systems;
- coordinating all corporate and related events in the Authority;
- overseeing the implementation of the Authority’s corporate communications strategy;
- planning and conducting programs designed to create and maintain a positive corporate image;
- planning and directing the communication strategies and policies;
- coordinating the production of in-house publications;
- facilitating the review and implementation of internal communications strategies;
- Supervising the publications of Authority’s communications materials;
- managing corporate communications and media relations as;
- managing Corporate Social Responsibility Programmes;
- managing stakeholders relationships;
- coordinating service delivery surveys;
- coordinating integrity assurance programmes;
- Managing performance in Corporate Communications Department ;
- Training and developing of staff of the Department.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Masters Degree in any of the following: – Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: – Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Fellow membership from Public Relations Society of Kenya;
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management Competency including Project Management skills.
- Proven Proficiency in computer applications including knowledge in desktop publishing; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on 7th December, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications clearly quoting the reference number (as shown in the detailed Job Specifications) should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4th Floor (Outside the Director General’s Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke. And addressed to:-
The Chairman-Board of Directors,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.