Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Communications Assistant-Coastal Kenya Programme
Reports to: Coastal Kenya Programme Manage
Job Grade: TBA
Location: Ukunda, Kwale
I Position Summary
Under the supervision of the Coastal Kenya Programme Manager and with a dotted reporting line to the Communications and Content Development Coordinator, the Communications Assistant will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of an effective communication and advocacy strategy within WWF-Kenya’s Coastal Kenya Programme (CKP) landscape.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will have the following key roles:
Work with the Coastal Kenya Programme Manager and the Communications and Content Development Lead to support CKP Landscape communications:
- Assist in preparation of program, project and campaign communications plans;
- Work with communications and program teams to generate content for a wide range of audience by focusing on CKP projects and relevant themes;
- Positively represent the CKP and communications teams, maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Support on wider communications and content tasks as required e.g copywriting, creation of documents, decks and compiling assets etc.
- Support the development and disseminate of Information Education and Communications materials including print and electronic materials;
- Work in close partnership with CKP program leaders to develop and disseminate quarterly bulletins and newsletters like Forest Yetu to highlight the CKP landscape conservation activities and impact;
- Assists in planning and organizing corporate events within the CKP landscape;
- Support the fundraising team in designing fundraising collaterals as part of the wider resource mobilization strategy;
- Monitor, review and provide recommendations regarding communication and fundraising activities;
- Support communication liaison for donor visits within the CKP landscape;
- Assist in the implementation of digital strategy;
- Support on the ideation and creation of social posts content for key moments and events as part of communications toolkits;
- Support social activations as well as researching and coordinating sign off of facts from technical teams; Work closely with communications and program teams to generate digital content;
- Coordinate event logistics in the CKP landscape: scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, gathering materials for conferences and workshops, travel arrangements, planning and evaluation to support a range of internal communications events;
- Enhance WWF-Kenya visibility through regular engagement with the media.
- Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in public relations or communication-related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting public communications and internal communications plans and activities;
- Excellent skills in copywriting and producing clear, engaging content;
- Experience working in a fast-paced media environment is an added advantage;
- Ability to operate independently, manage own workload effectively and proactively prioritize if required; also able to adapt to work collaboratively with others;
- Good interpersonal engagement skills and can liaise with staff at all levels;
- Excellent story gathering and storytelling skills;
- Extremely organized, with attention to detail;
- Proficient in IT, Microsoft Office skills;
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post.
How to apply?
Kindly apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF-Kenya: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 30th November 2020. We will not accept applications without a CV and covering letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WWF Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.