Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that where you are should not limit what you do; that connecting African consumers and businesses to the global digital economy opens up endless possibilities.
MFS Africa is the leading digital payments hub in Africa, enabling low-cost payments across the continent. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant payment services to unbanked people. MFS Africa connects over 200 million mobile money users across sub-Saharan Africa through its platform – the MFS Hub. As a B2B company, we enable cross-border payment for mobile money operators, banks, money transfer operators, large corporate and a growing number of SMEs. Our recent partnership with Visa will soon allow us to connect the MFS Hub to Visa.net effectively connecting African consumers and businesses to the global digital economy. As a fintech company, we strive to automate everything we do and run a world-class back-office operation spread between Johannesburg, Accra and Nairobi. We are regulated by FSC in Mauritius and FCA in the UK and run a compliance, treasury, and legal function from London.
Are you an energetic, driven and creative communicator who enjoys working in the finance or technology space? Are you passionate about the African continent, its people, cultures and its potential? Do you love writing and creating audio-visual and digital content for internal audiences? Are you able to plan and execute digital and face-to-face events for both internal and external audiences? Do you enjoy or want to work across African markets? Do you thrive from executing creative ideas and tracking and improving your initiatives? If you are a versatile communicator who is eager to learn about the Fintech and payments industry, this role is for you.
The MFS Africa Corporate Communications function is responsible for building the most trusted brand for cross border digital payments by our partners, stakeholders, and the industry at large. The function has strong cross-functional engagement across the organization, dealing with a wide range of business issues. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications and serving as an integral member of the Corporate Development Department, you will be responsible for mainly supporting internal communications and some external communications as well. If this sounds like you, let’s chat!
The position will be based either in Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Responsible for implementing communication and tactics that inform and engage MFS Africa staff located across Africa, Europe, Asia, and North Africa
- Collaborate with the Communications, Marketing and People functions to create an internal communication plan
- Create, develop, refine and execute internal communication in line with overall communication and business strategy
- Produce communication for internal channels including intranet, newsletters, internal emails and other digital channels
- Coordinate the execution of internal communications to employees, ensuring the use of appropriate channels and that messages are consistent and aligned to brand story
- Develop tailored communications tactics to support any internal change management initiatives
- Support the implementation of the strategic communications plan to build MFS Africa’s brand, broaden awareness of its services and priorities, and increase the visibility of its services across key stakeholder audiences
- Support multi-regional PR, campaigns and other special projects that help to elevate MFS Africa’s reputation
- Ensure a consistent brand story across all communications
- Keep the CRM database updated
- Track performance of internal communications initiatives
- Keep abreast of trends and leading practice in internal communications, and bring the best ideas into the organization
What does success look like?
- High-quality content creation done at consistent intervals for internal audiences is the highest priority output of this role
- The ability to support Communications projects such as the development of internal and external communications tools and processes
- The ability to be connected to the company and to think of creative ideas that support employee engagement and connection
- An enthusiasm to grow as a well-rounded communicator
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential; the same in French would be an advantage
- Innovation, business acumen and excellent judgement
- Extraordinary learning agility and ability to thrive under pressure
- The ability to create and deliver communications plans
- The ability to work in a fast-paced corporate environment and translate complex technical ideas into simple and compelling narratives
- Digital skills are essential – you must be able to create short videos, capture good quality photographs and manage Mailchimp, CMS, and the website
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience, ideally in corporate environments with significant exposure to technology or financial services media, and/or investor relations
- Broad knowledge of the internal and external communications environment
- Experience living, travelling, or working in multiple African countries with a curiosity about the filed of payments in Africa
- We are highly innovative and were ranked by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world
- We work at the very cutting edge of fintech in Africa
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world and are building the MFS Africa Hub into a payment infrastructure designed to transcend generations
- We have a very diverse work environment with over 30+ nationalities represented and continually strive to build a culture of caring and execution