Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Regional County Manager
Region: Western Kenya
Reporting to: Director of Sales
Business Unit: Telkom Digital
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast Fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The job holder will be required to implement and drive the sales strategy and action plans for the sales and distribution of Telkom product and services for Enterprise customers within a specified region. Furthermore, she/he must facilitate and enable the meeting of sales targets and revenue margins across the customer network within the region and also manage, coach and guide the sales team in the region in terms of execution and implementation of Telkom Enterprise sales strategy for the region and ensure compliance with Telkom’s policies, practices and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the budget of the sales team within the region and ensure sales are done cost effectively
- Contribute to the cost savings target of the business
- Forecast and achieve sales for the relevant market segments within the region
- Monitor and measure the profitability levels of customers within the region
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and facilitate the continuous growth of the customer base within the region
- Determine required solution for the customer with a focus on cross- and up selling of products and services
- Ensure the accuracy of the first bill as per the signed agreement
- Ensure the effective management of the customer account and timeous problem solving
- Analyze business and market information to inform sales decisions and to educate the sales team within the region
- Conduct analysis of customer, partners and sales metrics, costs and categories to inform business decisions
- Compile action plans to grow specific product and service categories within the region
- Ensure the delivery of expected sales delivery and performance of the sales team within the region
- Communicate changes in processes, product or services changes, promotions and launches timeously to the sales team within the region
- Facilitate and maintain the development of communication channels on all levels to prevent breakdown in information flow
- Plan and execute product events and animations with Product service providers for the region
- Continuously ensure alignment with marketing, branding and communications procedures
- Ensure adheres to policies and procedures to support governance and controls
- Provide regular feedback concerning the performance of sales team and customer base against set KPIs, identify non-performers and ensure appropriate action are taken
- Conduct training needs analysis for sales team and the customers as well as support the implementation of training interventions (brand promotion, product knowledge, negotiation skills etc.)
- Embark on a continuous learning drive to stay abreast with best practice in Telecoms and related industries
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures to ensure a consistent delivery of sales and sales message to all customers
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Master’s Degree is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing or Business Administration or IT with strong Bias in Sales.
- Professional Sales training will be a strong advantage
- Must have at least 5 years working experience in sales and distribution in Telco or FMCG Industry; of which 2-3 Years must be in leading a sales team in sales and growth and revenue generation.
Here are the Skills we are looking for
- Business Acumen to assess the commercial viability of new business/ financial opportunities, proactively look for breakthrough opportunities that will dramatically generate new and seizes opportunities to build revenues and maximize profitability.
- Previous experience of working with dealers and partners is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Telkom products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic and takes an active interest in developing others by creating opportunities for capability building at the unit, able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and use good organization skills.
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 30th November 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.