Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Vacancy: Project Officer – Tana River County
World Concern Development Organization (WCDO) is a Christian global relief and development agency whose supporters’ faith compels them to extend opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty.
We serve nearly 6 million people in 18 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response.
Job Summary: The role is responsible for providing strategic leadership and management in all financial; staffing and project implementation matters relating to World Concern projects in Tana River County.
- Supervise all aspects of project components.
- Support Formulation, development and planning of programme goals and objectives.
- Ensure that Monthly, quarterly and annual reports are developed and submitted on time.
- Ensure annual, quarterly and monthly work plans are developed, implemented and effectively monitored.
- Working closely with the program manager in preparing annual and monthly budgets as per donor/ organization guidelines.
- Ensure close coordination and collaboration with county government, local authorities and stakeholders to ensure project activities are in line with government policies.
- Work closely with church and church based organizations for holistic transformation.
- Work closely with project staff to coordinate joint activities and strategies between respective sectors.
- Build the capacity of World Concern project staff and other stakeholders in Tana River by providing agricultural technical advice.
- Actively participate in training and capacity building support to local partners, village women saving groups and farmers groups.
- Develop and implement a data management system and data collection tools for monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
- Liaise closely with other agencies implementing similar and related activities in project implementation area to avoid objectives duplication.
- Any other responsibility given by your supervisor.
- Represent and introduce World Concern to communities, its goals and objectives and its integrated programs to ensure confidence building and smooth entry within Tana river county.
- Coordinate and manage all community mobilization and sensitization activities to ensure the growth and community ownership of OVT.
- Rally the community members to own their development process by facilitating them to participate in all phases of the project circle. This includes giving ideas and contributing in Cash or in kind towards projects.
- Integrate OVT core sectors of Community leadership training and Disaster risk reduction (DRR) into OVT programming.
- Facilitate the establishment of community driven plans/visions and structures to ensure sustainability of the project even after exit. This includes but not limited to: Community leadership teams, Parent-teacher associations, Water committees, etc.
- Degree in Agriculture / agricultural economics / agribusiness.
- Prior experience in managing women village savings groups and business skills.
- Knowledge on agriculture value chain sectors.
- Enthusiastic and proactive individuals passionate about serving vulnerable groups. Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing livelihoods programs in a relief and development setting.
- Experience working with the church or church based organizations will be an added advantage.
- Experience in implementing disaster response projects using transformation development models.
- Demonstrated ability to work respectfully and constructively with local government officers and other partners.
- Experience working in highly volatile situations and commitment to team safety, able to follow strict security protocol.
- Prior experience working in a multi religious environment will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili required.
- Able to communicate in a manner that is confident and clear, yet diplomatic creating positive working relationships with donors and other key stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to email@example.com not later than 3rd December 2020.