Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
RSMEA is looking to recruit a Senior Audit Manager who will be team leader responsible for the execution of the risk-based audit approach and leading audit teams during the fieldwork. In addition, the Senior Audit Manager will also assist to prepare the necessary training material, in business development and provide non-assurance services and support on administrative matters.
· Ensuring that all the jobs are included in the job planning schedule and either the team leader or the field team leader has contacted the client to agree the audit timeframe and other logistics, including organising for a kick-off meeting; reviewing the audit plan for Partner approval; supervising the audit team and reviewing the work thereby ensuring that the work carried out by the team is in accordance with the audit plan, RSM Audit Methodology and Quality Assurance and Risk Containment Policies; within the budgeted time; and ensuring that the key engagement issues are identified and resolved on a timely basis.
· Checking for any conflict on GRT at the proposal stage and before the firm accepts any engagements and ensuring GRT is updated where required.
· Training and developing the skills of staff in the department, including preparing training material.
· Identify cross-selling opportunities for the firm’s services and leading in its marketing initiatives.
· Developing market intelligence on potential projects, business opportunities and developments in the competition.
· Carrying out administrative duties and any other tasks as may be delegated from time-to-time.
· Ensuring that the rapport with the client is maintained and that the firm’s values are reflected in each engagement carried out.
· Performing administrative tasks (client delivery, billing and collection, productivity, staff mix etc.) to ensure the audit portfolio maintained is efficiently managed.
· Reviewing the job planning schedule, scheduling staff to engagements and updating this on a weekly basis and ensuring that staff are supervised and occupied.
· Maintaining the work-in-progress register for all engagements and reviewing this on a weekly basis with the Partner.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
· Bachelor’s degree qualifications in Accounting, Finance or related field.
· At least seven (7) years of financial accounting, auditing or a combination thereof with a minimum of 3 years in a senior position.
· Holds technical and professional qualification in Audit (CPA), relevant membership.
· Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes.
· Knowledge and effective application of all relevant policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to achieve consistently, required compliance standards or benchmarks.
· Organized, able to work both independently and in a team setting.
· Ability to identify solutions that effectively address business and control needs.
· Interpersonal skills for effective communication of audit results to functional heads and other stakeholders.
· Must have demonstrated ability to handle budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships.
· Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector.
· Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
· Should have strong analytical and be result oriented.
· Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice.
· Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader.
· Must have management and Leadership skills.
· Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines.
· Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills.
· Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages.