Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Communications Officer I to develop communications materials and organize communications and knowledge sharing activities of research, outputs and outcomes of the Sustainable Livestock Systems program.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Establish effective systems and processes to support the program and scientists in promoting and contributing to the impact of the SLS program, ensuring consistency of messages and alignment to the program objectives.
- Develop, implement and monitor the program communications strategy, including annual action plans targeting key audiences and outputs.
- Manage the production of a stream of public materials generated by the research programs, including regular news and feature blog articles and more occasional research reports, policy briefs, brochures, science posters and multimedia products
- Populate program-specific blog sites with content, engaging with the readers of these blogs and with responders to social media content generated by the programs
- Help disseminate the programs’ messages and materials through ILRI’s publishing, knowledge sharing and social media channels as well as more widely as needed
- Update SLS content on relevant pages of ILRI’s main website and other relevant web portals
- Keep track of the online footprint and media mentions of SLS and the ILRI focal points serving the CGIAR research programs on climate change, livestock and policies, working to amplify these where appropriate
- Develop program-related materials, such as summaries of research projects, updates of research progress, staff profiles, feature articles and success stories
- Help the programs’ researchers/team leaders work with media e.g. organize journalist interviews and staff profiles, and disseminate key messages
- Ensure that research publications and other outputs are deposited and indexed in ILRI’s repository and contribute information as needed for ILRI’s online calendar of events and contacts systems
- Identify, track and report on a set of performance indicators for communications work in the research program
- Contribute to the ILRI-wide communications and KM community of practice, participate in CKM learning, reviewing and planning activities and ensure that these activities follow ILRI standards and agreed channels
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, advertising or related field.
- Master’s degree communications or related field will be added advantage;
- At least 5 years of progressively advanced experience in relevant communications work with focus on writing, editing, proofreading and design of materials for print and web;
- Experience and expertise in: Graphic arts computer programs. Database management. Managing media relations. Publishing software.
- Excellent technical/ scientific writing and editing skills.
- Experience with international or development oriented organizations.
- Expertise in using social media for high impact.
- Outstanding written, and excellent verbal, English;
- Skilled in mainstream computer programs, especially Microsoft Office applications;
- Sharp analytical, organizational and documentation skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to work well both independently and within teams;
- Flexible, willing to grow professionally, learn new skills;
- Can meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 13 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 3 December 2020. The position title and reference number REF: C/SLS /2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.