Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main purpose of job:
To provide PA support to the large Corporate Services Team in the British High Commission Nairobi, including PA support to the Director and Deputy Director of Corporate services. Also support the work of the Procurement Team by assisting in the provision compliant and auditable Procurement functions across the BHC and in compliance with UK Government procurement policies.
Roles and responsibilities:
General Administration (40%)
- Provide administrative support to the Director and Deputy Director of Corporate Services, including diary management, organising meetings, room bookings e.t.c.
- Management of delegated CS budget for travel and entertainment;
- Providing general administrative support to Corporate Services team as necessary, including filing (both electronic and paper); coordinating leave records; compiling and updating High Commission phone extension lists and staff call trees, conducting (with the Security Team) the “Marker Hotel” exercise for Subsistence Review and completing the six monthly Geographical Expenditure Expense return for London;
- Maintaining and update the Queen’s Birthday Party (QBP) and other Corporate Services contact lists;
- Organising incoming and outgoing Corporate Services visits and conferences, including arranging accommodation, travel, meetings and events.
- Supporting the Procurement Team efforts to improve Post’s Financial Performance and Compliance Scores (FPCI), by helping and training High Commission colleagues on the purchase to pay process, to reconcile official Credit Card transactions on time and to resolve problems with purchase orders and invoices on the Prism Finance system and generating monthly FPCI reports;
- Initiate, follow up and manage Data Protection and other returns ;
- Maintain the High Commission Gift Register, recording details of all gifts and hospitality;
- Provide administrative support for ongoing tenders and market testing exercises for goods and services, including contract filing, compiling data, coordinating surprise checks and other Procurement efforts as necessary;
- Coordinating updates to the Purchasing Hierarchy on the FCO Prism Finance system.
Roaming duties (20%)
Provide flexible cover in other Corporate Services teams during staff absences or vacancies, focusing on general administrative duties.
Corporate Services travel and entertainment budget.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of administrative work and office management;
- A degree in any business related field;
- High level of proficiency in MS Office particularly MS Excel and word, would be advantageous
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Project management experience from conception to delivery ideally within a procurement context
- Experience of developing good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
Starting monthly salary () KES 156,135.88
Start Date 1 February 2020
Application deadline 4 December 2020