Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Working as an important member of small team, the Accountant will support many of the financial activities of the organization. The Accountant will carry out a variety of accounting functions required to ensure the financial needs of the programs/projects are met and that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded with integrity and in accordance with donor and HAART guidelines.
The role entails performing day to day financial and accounting tasks including preparing payment vouchers, checking petty cash documentation, posting financial data into the accounting system, filing and document retrieval. S/He will be responsible for generating financial reports for review, budget monitoring, and assist in preparation of audits.
He/she will be reporting to the Finance Officer.
Essential criteria & qualification:
· University degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field.
· At least 3 years’ experience in a Finance/Accounting Department in an NGO set up
• CPA Section IV and above
• Working experience with QuickBooks accounting software
· Knowledge of accounting principles, best practices, financial reporting and local/international laws accounting, finances and taxation
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
· Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
• Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
• Excellent communication skills with a high standard of spoken and written English
• Digital skills, including the use of email, Google web elements e.g. Google drive and Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
All our staff are expected to strive for excellence, collaborate and communicate while ensuring full commitment to integrity.
At HAART we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Accountant Position” as the subject of your e-mail. Only complete applications will be reviewed and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Closing Date for Applications: 30 Nov 2020 East African time