Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Educate!, a fast growing and award winning social enterprise, currently achieves impact on youth life outcomes through a new and innovative pathway (Learning Point) to sustainably impact out of school youth (OoSY) livelihoods at scale.
Learning Point is seeking a driven and passionate Learning & Experimentation Designer to join our ambitious and high-performing Learning Point Office/Program in Kenya. Based in Kenya, the Learning & Experimentation designer will play a key role in conceptualizing and designing curriculum for Learning Point’s innovative out-of-school-youth program. We have developed a dynamic and high-performing team in Kenya, and as we grow, the need for exceptional individuals hungry for an opportunity to lead and build will only grow. This role presents an opportunity to impact livelihoods through the development of training programs that will ensure we create a lasting impact on the motorbike couriers and informal sector business owners we serve.
You could be the perfect fit for this role if you:
- Are self driven and have examples when you have kept iterating to create value
- Are collaborative, open minded and flexible
- Are passionate about youth development
- Are passionate about using human centered design
- Have demonstrable experience in producing engaging learning activities and compelling content
- Are passionate about collecting and analyzing user engagement data
- Develop relevant, engaging curricula and assessments through research and engagement with both the youth and subject matter experts
- Manage projects from inception and design phase to production and release. This includes budgeting, planning, coordination, development and quality assurance of various programs and activities
- Utilize instructional design concepts and principles to design and develop instructional interactions to create interactive and engaging course content
- Writing, editing, and structuring course content for learner engagement and retention, evaluating content for efficacy, and implementing feedback from program reviews and experiments to inform content iterations.
- Manage and support the junior learning designers and perform quality assurance on their work
- Oversee training of trainers on delivering learning material and ensure quality standards are maintained
- Conduct routine training needs assessments of the trainers
- Choose the most appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.)
- Oversee training and operations of various support teams
- Research and recommend new training methods
- Design and prioritize experiments, based on the product and business strategies
- Develop frameworks and templates for designing and documenting design experiments and validated learnings/insights
- Design experiments on user engagement, content development processes and methods of content delivery for improved content development processes
- Collect, analyze and interpret data to inform program design iterations
- Work closely with the Product Manager on the research and testing of new approaches to content development and delivery, and contribute to general innovation
Learning & Networking
- Complete internal designer training and certifications
- Knowledgeable of key trends, strategies, and language from the fields of education, leadership and entrepreneurship
- Learn from local field staff, experimentation, and referencing international research
- Proactively network with other organizations from diverse fields
- 3-5 years of experience in designing and implementation of blended learning
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theories and implementation with the ability to complete full training circle (assess needs, plan, develop, monitor and evaluate)
- In depth understanding and application of human-centered or iterative design approaches
- Adequate knowledge of content management systems, learning management systems and other web delivery tools
- Experience with analyzing data and identifying trend lines and insights that will help improve content development process
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- Experience working with out-of-school youth and/ youth from economically marginalized communities would be an added advantage
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve.
- Hands-on experience with running and managing exploratory and evaluative qualitative research