Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Reporting to the Chief Physiotherapist, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
- Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and teachers to design effective treatment plans.
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative techniques to provide the best care.
- Educating patients and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
- Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress.
- Evaluating patient progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
- To have knowledge of and work within the framework of relevant procedures including Safeguarding/Child Protection etc.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by attending conferences, conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
- Providing mentoring and workshops to speech therapy students.
- Working within a team to improve the effectiveness of service delivery.
At a more senior level, you’ll need to be:
- Conducting personal development reviews with colleagues.
- Supporting newly qualified SLTs and speech and language therapy assistants.
- Planning and delivering training sessions.
- Undertaking clinical audit
- Participating in research projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Sc. or Master’s degree in Speech Therapy or Speech-language Pathology.
- Relevant license and certification.
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with basic computer software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
- Good communication skills, honest, good interpersonal skills.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than Friday 4th December 2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100