Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Level: ASSOCIATE
Department: Global Legal Programs
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global litigation and legal policy organization using the power of law to advance reproductive rights as fundamental human rights around the world. Headquartered in New York City, the non-profit, non-partisan organization has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Nairobi, and Washington, DC; a staff of approximately 200 diverse professionals; an annual budget of approximately $40 million with an additional $22 million in donated services from leading law firms around the globe.
The Center’s game-changing litigation and advocacy work, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide. It has played a key role in securing landmark legal victories in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the United States on issues including access to life-saving obstetrics care, contraception, safe abortion services, and comprehensive sexuality information, as well as the prevention of forced sterilization and child marriage. It has brought groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women’s rights advocates in more than 60 countries.
To learn more about the Center for Reproductive Rights, go to www.reproductiverights.org.
The Operations Associate will provide clerical and program support to the Center’s Africa team. This individual will report to the Senior Operations and Office Manager for Africa.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The primary responsibilities for the Operations Associate will be, but are not limited to, the following:
Provide Clerical Support for the Africa Team
- Serve as the point person for copying, scanning and distribution of documents, conference room scheduling, the help desk, and filing documents among other responsibilities
- Work with the the Senior Operations and Office Manager to build vendor relationships and process service contracts
- Process travel or operations advances and service payment request forms
- Support the Senior Operations and Office Manager in facility management
- Liaise with building management on parking, cleaning of common areas, and granting security access to visiting guests or staff
General Administrative Management
- Provide the Senior Regional Director (SRD) with administrative support including calendar maintenance and scheduling meetings, handling travel arrangements, and processing advances/reimbursement
- Greet guests, draft and mail correspondence, sign for packages and mails, and run the office switchboard
- Assist in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants through scheduling meetings with relevant staff and printing out orientation packs
- Assist with printing and logistical preparations for submitting materials to the courts in Kenya
- Organize the purchase of kitchen supplies, provide refreshments for external guests for in house meetings and assisting in other administrative tasks as needed
- Act as the point of contact during the absence of team members by responding to urgent correspondence and addressing urgent issues with appropriate staff
- Update and maintain stock levels for publications and supplies
- Update assets list on Asset Panda
- Organize the office storage room and publications
- Serve as the logistics coordinator for external trainings and convenings with partners within Kenya, Africa, and across the globe, including arranging travel, visas, accommodations, meals, and facilities rentals
- Liaise directly with attendees and prepare workshop materials
- Support credit card expense reporting for select team members and events
- Prepare program payment request forms and manage online payments for program expenses
- Serve as the point person for program vendors to ensure that contracts, local purchase orders, and invoices are accurate
- University Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in an administrative position
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Willingness to be hands-on and develop knowledge of operations
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission
- Ability to handle and keep confidential matters appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexibility and ability to work professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and the Internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently, while also collaborating in a team setting
- The ability to complete assignments in a timely manner, often under considerable time pressure, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to human rights, reproductive rights, and/or women’s rights generally
- Capacity to receive and accept constructive feedback
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and pacing
- Collaborative: An empathetic, approachable team player who engenders trust and confidence, with an inherent ability to interact positively with all members of the Center staff. Track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups. A willingness to actively listen and invite different views.
- Receives and Provides Direct Feedback: Actively gives and requests feedback to and from supervisors and team about work products, behaviors and workload prioritization.
- Accountability: Follows through on commitments and actively communicates on ability to meet commitments in a timely fashion. Must possess a “can-do” and “will-do” attitude.
- Commitment to learning: Applies a growth mentality to their development. Promotes a culture of learning by modeling inquisitiveness and an openness to viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve
- Integrity: Possesses impeccable integrity and personal and professional values that are consistent with the Center’s high standards and mission.
- Transparency: Consistently applies openness and honesty in communicating decisions and plans to team members.
Compensation: The salary for this role is KSH 2,500,000.00 per year. The Center also offers a comprehensive benefits program and generous PTO offering.
How to Apply: Please complete the application below to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.
Please note that all genuine Center openings must be applied through the Center website. The Center does not charge a fee at any stage in the recruitment process (application, interviews, or selection). Nor does it request any medical examinations or bank account inform as part of this process. If someone contacts you on behalf of the Center requesting payment for your application please notify email@example.com before taking any further action.