Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
IRC is seeking an Administration Officer, based in Nairobi for a Euro 30 Million five year, urban livelihoods program: Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (RE:BUILD). The RE:BUILD program is funded by the IKEA Foundation and will be implemented in Kampala and Nairobi. The IRC is the Lead Partner and will coordinate a consortium of local and international partners to deliver the program. RE:BUILD seeks for urban refugees and vulnerable host residents to achieve economic self-reliance and benefit from strengthened urban economic, regulatory and social environments. RE:BUILD will aim to enable change at varying levels, from better access to livelihoods opportunities and inclusive services within communities, to improved refugee-related policies and more targeted and effective service delivery from national, regional and global actors. Key features of RE:BUILD’s approach include flexible funding, adaptive design and knowledge and evidence generation
The IRC seeks an Administration Officer who will support RE:BUILD program team. The Administration Officer will report directly to the Project Director and will be responsible for providing administrative support functions to the RE:BUILD program. This will entail a wide range of responsibilities including assisting in budget development and management, procurement, coordinating team space and equipment requirements, recruitment and coordination of events and travel.
• Responsible for providing administrative support across all RE:BUILD sites
• Assist in recruitment and coordinate onboarding for new staff on RE:BUILD
• Support financial management for the program, including assisting in budget preparation and tracking, preparation of financial reports and preparation of payrolls
• Assist in procuring goods and services, including engaging consultants, and invoicing
• Assist in information management, including managing correspondence, filing, establishing procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Support program team members to organize travel, including working with travel provider(s) to arrange and coordinate travel arrangements, visas and booking system for RE:BUILD teams
• Support the planning of virtual and in -person meetings and workshops, including agendas, compiling and sending relevant pre-reads, taking minutes, and ensure follow-up of action items.
• Support managers to track team travel, working from home, annual leave and general team whereabouts.
• Assist the Project Director or other RE:BUILD program senior staff on special projects, as required
• 1-2 years of experience in a similar role and preferably supporting senior staff
• A collaborative and confident team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to successfully and effectively liaise with people in different organizations and different time zones in a multi-cultural environment.
• Highly computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent written English and communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented, with ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize tasks.
• Resourceful and solutions focused with ability to suggest improvements to procedures.
• Maintains sensitivity, confidentiality and diplomacy with senior colleagues.
• Experience arranging international travel and experiencing supporting events and meetings ((virtual and in person) are an advantage
The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.