Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HFC Limited, an integrated property and financial solutions provider has exciting opportunities in our Risk and Compliance Division. We are seeking for a talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Head of Security and Investigations
Reporting To: Head of Risk and Compliance
Overall Job Purpose
The Head of Security and Investigations will be responsible for the security of the Company’s physical assets and resources to safeguard against loss & ensure business continuity. He/she is expected to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers, employees and tenants by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures and supervising the security guard force. The job holder will also be responsible for the delivery of agreed objectives in proactive fraud management and investigation of frauds perpetrated through both electronic and non-electronic means. The position will also keep the business informed of emerging electronic fraud threats and the means to counter the same.
Physical security and Investigations
- Recommend the Security Policy for approval by Management, determine and communicate security policies and procedures by studying organization operations and establishing internal controls, conducting inspections, preparing and updating the security manual.
- Proactively manage, monitor and advice on the security of the Company’s physical assets to safeguard against loss & recommend improvement in physical security features and ensure business continuity.
- Ensure effective security operations are in place at all times in respect to physical guarding and integrated security systems (Radio alarms, CCTV Systems, Fire Alarms). Continuously monitor these tools and conduct periodic tests and maintenance of this equipment to ensure they are in proper working condition.
- Manage Security Service Providers to ensure adherence to security procedures and Service Level Agreements and liaise with other security agencies as may be required in line with internal and external security operations.
- Conduct periodic security reviews of HF branches and subsidiaries and make appropriate recommendations through management reports.
- Conduct investigations by gathering evidence, conducting interviews, collecting documents, coordinating with law enforcement personnel, presenting evidence at hearings and trials at the law courts.
- Coordinate investigations and assignments done by external security service providers and issue timely reports for management with appropriate recommendations.
- Follow up with all reported cases with relevant security agencies and those before the courts and give management progress reports.
Fraud Risk Management
- Provide appropriate security advice based on security and fraud trends with the view to building up preventive controls and likely prosecutorial/litigation actions.
- Implement relevant regulatory risk requirements that apply to the Company
- Sensitize staff on security related issues as a preventive measure against losses / crimes and safety.
- Provide relevant internal security and fraud training to all staff.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, meetings and establishing personal networks
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- 3 years in the disciplined forces with strong Fraud and Investigation focus
Key Competencies and Skills
- IT Skills
- Investigation skills
- Knowledge of Banking and Financial Frauds and crimes
- Report writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
Application Deadline 10TH DECEMBER 2020