Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for IT Manager, Jubilee Life Insurance Limited (JLIL). The position holder will report to the Head of ICT and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of multi-platform web applications. The role holder should have experience to participate in the entire app lifecycle, right from the conception stage, delivery and post launch support. The role holder will also work closely and oversee the IT and core business application teams to deploy end-to-end and seamless applications that integrate with the wider Jubilee digital apps eco systems.
- Deliver across the entire Web/App lifecycle starting from conception, design, build, deployment, test and release to app stores and support
- Working closely with Web app developers to deploy seamless multi-platform and responsive apps
- Conceptualize, build, test and realize digital applications
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Build prototypes at technical scoping stage of projects
- Work with the Web developers to create and maintain a robust framework while supporting the core business applications and other customer focus initiatives.
- Work with the vendor developers to build and integrate user interfaces, creating compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardizing the platforms to minimize duplication of effort and improve time-to-market timelines
- Continuously re-factoring to optimize performance levels of the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the web technologies space
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Attend industry events/ conferences. Should also be able to present during these events.
- Obtain sign-off on newly developed applications and features
- Design and build the unit, system and integration tests for web application code
- Team Spirit
- Learning on the Fly
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- User Engagement
- Attention to Detail
- Understanding of compiled languages
- Strong Knowledge of PLSQL, SQLite, MySQL or similar database management systems
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience using social media APIs Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART)
- Experience using and setting up version control (e.g. SVN, GIT)
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- LAMP development experience
- Oracle APEX development experience
- Working with PHP frameworks (e.g. Zend) & PHP template engines (e.g. Smarty)
- Working with a content management system e.g. Drupal, Site Core, Joomla
- Degree in a Computer & Telecommunications field
- Relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in responsive web applications development environments
- Knowledge of the financial, and especially insurance industry, is an added advantage
- A thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into technical specifications
- Administration of version control server
Send Applications to Recruitment@Jubileekenya.com
Closing Date: 10th December, 2020