Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The purpose Cash Information Management (IM) Officer is to increase the speed, accountability and scalability of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) activities related to COVID19, through supporting National Societies with Cash Information Management (IM).
Duties and Responsibilities
Cash IM Coordination & Scoping
- Join the 510 Cash IM coordinator in scoping with the National Societies existing cash personnel to identify needs.
- Based on the plan of Action, agree what tasks for each country will be done by this role
- Keep a detailed record of progress on tasks in the project’s planning system, to allow for overall progress overview
- Keep an overview of outputs delivered, to facilitate overall project reporting
Cash & Data Process:
- Documentation and dissemination of the cash process specific to the operation
- Setting up the data processes related to Cash NS
- Identifying, contextualizing and disseminating cash tools into country context (e.g. Cash in Emergencies toolkit, NS specific tools)
- Support cash/in-kind advocacy based on feasibility
- Provide guidance and support in determining data protection considerations in the collection, management, storage, and sharing of cash data
- Support distribution & encashment planning
- Support cash assessments (market, response options, needs)
- Assist with populating data collection plan, assist with carrying out primary data collection as a result of gaps identified
- Prepare submission to cash working group 4W’s, populate 4W template with other actor activities if not provided
- Contribute to design and planning of distribution/encashment
- Gather data on vulnerability for targeting. Apply vulnerability, geographic data to assist with applying targeting criteria and determining final targeting allocations by geography. highlight analysis.
- Design and develop data collection forms (e.g. beneficiary registration, PDM, exit-survey)
Analysis & Reporting:
- Support analysis of data such as priority needs, response analysis, transfer value calculation, decision making matrix, market & price monitoring, PDM analysis, complaints & feedback data analysis
- Assist in preparing or generating reports
- Aggregating and visualizing planning, distribution, and monitoring data
- Support Reconciliation of cash assistance data
- Disseminate cash-related information to internal and external stakeholders (IFRC operations, government, coordination bodies, etc.)
Coordinate & Support:
- Coordinate with the IM coordinator (onsite and/or remote)
- Liaise with other IM surge personnel (e.g. data visualization, primary/secondary data collection, analysis, etc.)
- Support delegates and NS in M&E activities
- Develop materials to help train NS staff/volunteers on cash IM
Closure & Transition:
- Assist in preparing for Audit (design and implementation decisions, evidences including complete financial reconciliation)
- Assist in Lessons Learning Reviews, analysis of data to help evaluation of program
- An undergraduate qualification in the field of data science, statistics, scientific research, econometrics, mathematics, semantics or similar discipline
- Certificates in Cash and Voucher Assistance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Fast data entry and management skills in Excel or other data entry application
- Data gathering, coding and cleaning skills
- Resourcefulness in finding information and conducting research
- Highly numerate with an aptitude for analysing numerical data
- Quantitative skills for analysis
- Excellent written and spoken English essential
- An interest in development policy
- Research, writing and visualisation skills
- Skills in internet-based research and data extraction
- Basic understanding or Working knowledge of CVA and program tools
- Working knowledge of statistics, statistical software/programming languages (R, Stata, SPSS, Python)
- Working knowledge of database architectures (SQL, non-SQL)
- Working knowledge of data visualisation strategies, techniques and software
- A working knowledge of semantic web technologies
- Demonstrable interest in socio-economic development
- An inquisitive open mind and the ability to think outside of the box.
- A determined, agile, pragmatic and patient approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- A willingness to continually improve technical and analytical competencies
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Ability to embrace company values
- Ability to prioritize and execute with prudence in order to achieve company goals
- Able to work collaboratively within and across teams and to organize time accordingly
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 10th December 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.