Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Start date: Immediately
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Must have up to 3 years’ experience as an electrician working in an industrial environment
- Must have expertise with PLC Controls
- Excellent understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting
- Must be familiar with industrial and electrical laws
- Must be able to work late hours and overnight, and should be able to work weekends as well
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and solution driven skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Experience in Automation, conveyors, and artificial intelligence expertise
- Possess state certification or equivalent qualification or license
- Possess strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- Must be able to use basic tools and machinery
- Ability to schedule and balance priorities; and possess a strong adherence to deadlines
- Awareness of operational machinery problems in short proximity
- Strong ability to read measure devices and blueprints
- Strong understanding of PLC controls
- Customer Service: ability to relate with and work with several people irrespective of their background
- Critical Thinking: once a problem is identified, industrial electricians should be able to deal with it critically
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please APPLY HERE to submit your application.
Due to the urgency of the role, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.