Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are seeking high calibre, self – motivated and dedicated applicant to fill the position of Grants Finance Accountant on a fixed term contract to 30th September 2022. This position is based at Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia, Kenya.
GRANTS FINANCE ACCOUNTANT
The Grants Finance Accountant will be responsible for maintaining financial oversight of the donor funding financial requirements and obligations. The role will manage all financial aspects of grants and donor funds and develop procedures, policies and guidelines around financial management and reporting for these projects whilst also ensuring the organisation is audit ready at all times.The role requires a qualified accountant with preferable experience working in a donor funded finance function. You must have a proven ability in working with institutional donors, development agencies, corporate and individual donors, together with experience in developing policy and setting up guidelines for financial reporting. Strong capabilities in a multi-currency financial environment encompassing budgeting, reporting, planning, forecasting and foreign currency exposure analysis are essential to this role. Advanced Excel skills are a must and previous experience in using the Infor10 Sun Systems, Vision Reporting and other ERP systems would be an advantage.
To be successful in this role, applicants should meet the following criteria
· Qualified Accountant and preferably with degree in related field.
· A solid background in financial policy development and experience in developing and enforcing internal financial procedures.
· Knowledge of and experience in working with major donors (e.g. USAID/OFDA, ECHO, DFID, UN agencies etc.) is highly desired.
· Demonstrated know-how of donor expectations and requirements across the grant cycle.
· Capability in a multi-currency financial environment encompassing budgeting, reporting and foreign currency exposure analysis.
· Advanced MS Excel skills and previous experience in using the Infor10 SunSystems application or other ERP system would be an advantage.
· Established track record of delivering quality product to tight deadlines and of balancing multiple commitments
· Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information, strengthen capacity, respond to questions, and write reports, policies and procedures, and other critical documents.
· Self-motivated, results focused and able to work with minimal supervision
· Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating respect for, and understanding of, cultural differences and the management thereof.
Any person who wishes to be considered for this position is requested to submit their application letters together with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials/references and any valid professional licenses to the Head of Human Capital by Friday, 4th December 2020.
Our contacts are:
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
P.O. Box Private Bag, Nanyuki -10400
or to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 4th December 2020.
THE OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.