Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Afya Ziwani Project in its pursuit to support and strengthen HIV/AIDS services in the project-supported health facilities in Kisumu and Nyamira counties, seeks to employ a motivated, hardworking and pro-active individual to fill the position of Data Officer.
Opening Date: 1st December 2020 Closing Date: 8th December 2020
Location: Kisumu/Nyamira Office.
Under guidance of Data Manager, the data officer will participate in all aspects of data management including; designing of data collection instruments; designing and maintaining project databases; planning and conducting data analysis, interpretation, dissemination and assessing data quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Routinely extract data from Afya Ziwani Project (PRISM) using pivot tables for data requests
- Summarize project data using pre-defined templates for routine reports
- Assist in evaluating data reported in PRISM and DATIM for consistency and completeness
- Ensure data quality through data validation checks, including discrepancy/inconsistency checks, real-time data monitoring and data cleaning in project PRISM database
- Designing and maintaining project databases
- Ensure timely data collection, entry, review and collation of project data – both from health facilities and the community
- Under the guidance of Data Manager and technical team leads, conduct in-depth and robust data analysis and presentation
- Contribute to development of in-depth analysis of Afya Ziwani project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises
- Assist in writing/editing guidelines/SOPs for data entry, management and analysis
- Provide technical guidance in strategies for improving the quality of data from health facilities and the community, and overall data dissemination and utilization at project level
- Responds to data requests from the project technical team in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, statistics, information systems or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing direct data management technical support with specific experience in HIV/TB projects.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel including knowledge of VLOOKUP/MATCH/INDEX and other matching functions
- Experience in routinely collating and summarizing large datasets in excel
- Able to create automate data processes to reduce turn-around time for routine requests.
- Working knowledge of DATIM, PEPFAR reporting systems and DHIS2
- Experience managing large and complex data sets
- Excellent computer skills including high proficiency in Excel
- Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK EMR and other electronic data systems.
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Experience and skills in the DHIS2 framework, EMR and the National HMIS system, including knowledge of MOH data collection tools.
- Knowledge of and interpretation of key indicators in HIV/AIDS programming
- Excellent data management and analysis skills
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their Application letter, updated CV and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates on or before 8th December, 2020 to: PATHHRH-HR@path.org with the subject “DATA OFFICER”.
- Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.