Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The role is within the Digital Financial Services department in Telkom Kenya and owns the growth of Digital Financial Services (DFS) through having significant client relationships that make a significant impact on the growth of existing product lines and co-creation with partners of new products and services. It requires sales, management and innovation skills in equal measure, as well as a drive and a passion to grow deep customer relationships.
The role will assist to create new opportunities, manage and grow relationships with the largest financial services players in the market. Strategically, the role owns oversight of all Strategic Partner account plans, with a significant input into the overall DFS strategy and plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and deliver a business plan that creates meaningful growth opportunities
- Respond to market trends to lead creation of new products and services that meet customer needs
- Manage resources (within the team, wider sales team and within other parts of the business) to ensure that the largest opportunities are maximized
- Convert new business opportunities from within the existing partner population and potential new partners that drive new inflows across all areas of the business group
- Build a detailed understanding of distributor structure including (but not exclusive to) ownership, business aspirations, immediate plans, employee matrix, compliance processes, business areas and membership information
- Drive the organization and facilitation of campaigns/negotiations/product launches including marketing activity
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, IT or other relevant field
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- 5-7 years’ experience in a management role within a Telecommunications or Financial Services environment, having been exposed to all disciplines
- At least 5 years previous Strategic Partnerships experience working within an agile environment
- Ideally working within a vendor or external client facing environment.
Here are the skills we are looking for
- Ability to grow accounts through influence at senior levels within key organizations; evidence of creating meaningful business opportunities through these relationships
- Excellent people management and planning skills
- The ability to develop a thorough knowledge of the products and services
- An up to date knowledge of the financial services landscape and its evolution
- Highly developed relationship management skills
- Excellent data analysis skills and the ability to make great decisions using both data and instinct
- Strong ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders either directly or indirectly.
- The ability to negotiate with internal and external colleagues.
- Highly developed presentation and facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Self-starting with a drive to succeed and deliver
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 14th December 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.