Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our client, The Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI) is an independent academic institution established in 1984. RWI has since 1990 carried out a wide range of research, academic education, and institutional capacity development programmes internationally in the human rights field, mainly with the support of Swedish Development Cooperation. The work of the Institute focuses on four thematic areas: Fair and Efficient Justice; Inclusive Societies; People on the Move; and Economic Globalisation and Human Rights.
RWI started to work in Sub-Saharan Africa in the early 1990s and since then extensive cooperation has been maintained with institutions in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and Zambia, as well as regionally/sub-regionally. The Institute’s office in Nairobi currently manages RWI’s regional cooperation in Sub-Saharan Africa as well as bilateral programmes in Kenya and Ethiopia.
Reporting to the Director of the Nairobi Office, and with technical oversight from the Senior Finance and Administration Officer, the Finance and Administration Officer’s primary responsibility is to provide support to RWI’s programmes to facilitate the efficient planning and implementation through financial registration, reporting, follow-ups, and other office administrative tasks as required.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain and file records of expenditure, process invoices and claims for payments and track payments relating to office costs and programme activities.
- Tracking and ordering petty cash, M-pesa etc.
- Drafting timely monthly bank, cash and M-pesa reconciliation statements.
- Drafting of accurate and timely financial reports as may be necessary for review and decision making.
- Administer financial accounts and manage petty cash.
- Register expenditures in the RWI and relevant Kenyan financial systems.
- Assist with procurement of goods and services following the organization’s procurement policies.
- Update and follow up payments on the required statutory payments with the necessary government entities.
- Assist with administering office affairs, in relation to service staff, registration matters, licences and permits, transport, maintenance, stationary and office consumables.
- Assist in the drafting and coordination of external organization & programme audits.
- Maintaining and updating the asset register and ensuring that all assets are insured and are in good condition.
- Supporting the preparation of activity and office budgets.
The position demands a high level of flexibility and readiness to work at many different levels. At times, the workload can be high.
- A degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (finalist).
- Minimum five years’ experience in working for an international non-governmental organization (NGO) or a company limited by guarantee.
- Excellent hands on experience in computerized financial management systems.
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven experience in donor or project financial program management and administration.
- Ability to work independently driven by a desire to achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience in working with M-pesa and bank online platforms.
- High level of integrity and ability to be entrusted with organization’s resources.
- Hands on bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate normally and under pressure with strict adherence to timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail in order to produce high quality output.
- Email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
- Ensure that you indicate your current or past gross monthly salary in your cover letter.
- Please apply directly to the email address indicated above. IGNORE the apply online button.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 9th December 2020