Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The ICT and Data Officer will lead ICT initiatives including implementing software, applications and data collection systems. S/he will support the team with strategies for effective methods for data collection that minimize duplication, data aggregation, analysis and reporting. S/he will be responsible for addressing hardware and software issues for the organization and to make recommendations to management on issues. Responsibilities include managing passwords, email accounts, anti-virus software, etc. The officer will manage program data, ensuring compliance with data use and data protection policies and train staff and partners on such. S/he will support Monitoring and Evaluation efforts in coordination with the team. The Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Manager and will support team members in Kenya as well as the UK.
Note: Tushinde has adopted Google Suite (G Suite) which includes Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Calendar, Google Meet video conferencing, and Google Forms and shared Drive. The Officer will support the use of these programmes to ensure all relevant program documents and data are accessible in the Google Drive.
● Conduct an assessment of ICT and data-related gaps and create a development plan
● Lead staff trainings and inductions on all ICT-related topics
● Manage requests for G Suite and Gmail accounts
● Support staff in the transition to using the G Suite programmes and eliminating storing work-related files on computer/laptop/hand held device drives
● Proactively liaise with the staff to develop, evaluate and improve data collection systems and procedures
● Support staff to use CPIMS child protection software and Family Star software
● Ensure Tushinde’s compliance with data protection laws and regulations
● Maintain copies of data collection forms and support documentation for data management
● Work closely with the team to advance Tushinde’s data protection and information technology policy
● Summarize, analyze and interpret data, using statistical techniques and provide regular reports on result and impact
● Conduct routine data quality assessment to ensure that Tushinde’s data meets the required standards of data processing
● Lead sessions to review the quality and accuracy of program data with team and/or stakeholders
● Support on-site training on data collection, collation and reporting and use of the appropriate software
● Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and data analysis
● Provide regular monthly and quarterly reporting and updates to the Programme Manager and ultimately the Country Director including recommendations on any ICT related challenges.
● Work with team members in charge of the Family Support Programme, schools programme, day care programme, Income Generating Activity programme and other programmes to ensure data collection is of high quality and accurate, reporting requirements are met, and data is secure and confidential.
● Provide other general support to the Programme Manager, Country Director and Executive Director for Tushinde’s programme activities in Kenya, these include both Mathare and Kiambiu projects
● Produce and present reports as required
● Degree in ICT or relevant field and/or extensive experience
● Degree in Statistics, and/or relevant knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS)
● At least three (3) years relevant experience as a Data Officer, Data Analyst or in a Monitoring and Evaluation role
● Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
● Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
● Experience in training and/or helpdesk support for ICT
● Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and social media pages for more details.
Posted 2 Dec 2020 Closing date 18 Dec 2020