Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Arup has a long history in East Africa and has been gradually growing our reach across the region since 2012.
We are looking for an Associate to join our start up team in Nairobi, Kenya to help grow the business over a period of 3 years as a long-term assignment.
Since 2012 we have delivered projects in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Sudan and DRC and supported the delivery of others in Somalia through local partners. Our Clients range from international donors and development organisations, to private sector developers, public sector agencies and community-based organisations and NGOs. We work on projects at extremes of scale, from technical advice and support to the smallest of projects within under-served communities to region-scale infrastructure projects and city-scale developments. Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do; every project contains opportunity to influence.
We have delivered a wide range of services: building design and advisory services, masterplanning, transport planning, renewable energy, business investor advisory services, due diligence reviews, fire engineering, lenders technical advisor, infrastructure advisory services, site development. We tailor our service offering to complement services typically provided within the region, looking for opportunities to shape a better way of delivering infrastructure and the built environment in the region.
We are currently looking for a Senior Civil & Water Engineer to work on a permanent basis in Nairobi, Kanya
The Civil and Water Engineer is required to work in an office-based team of multi-disciplinary designers, to deliver a range of urban and rural infrastructure projects. Responsible for consulting/collaborating widely with a team of civil engineers to design and deliver certain/all aspects of large/small projects as required. Responsible for ensuring projects implemented as per the approved project plans and standards.
Responsible for planning, design and overseeing construction and maintenance audits of infrastructure, such as utilities to serve major property developments, roads, irrigation projects, power plants, and water and sewerage systems.
In conjunction with skills leaders in remote offices, develop and deliver opportunities in projects related to water resilience and water security at rural and urban scales.
Duties and responsibilities
- Integrate with the project team and report to the team Project Manager for related works.
- Responsible for the preparation of design related deliverables- drawings, calculations and reports at all stages of design.
- Write technical reports in English
- Manage own day to day activities in accordance with prescribed QA and Project Management procedures to meet critical delivery dates.
- Develop innovative solutions to technical problems
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating with other disciplines to produce integrated and cost-effective design.
- Undertake technical feasibility studies, specifying and supervising site investigations and surveys, supervising the preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) reports
- Assist in supervising tendering and procurement procedures
- Ensure all necessary quality documentations are in place prior to execution of any activity.
- Carry out site supervision of construction activities including but not limited to: progress planning and monitoring, quality control and non-compliance monitoring and reporting, ensuring projects run smoothly and works are completed within budget and on time
- Be able to integrate with a wider, remote project team and report to a remote project leader.
- Be able to interact with internal and external clients and team members in a professional manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Extensive practical experience in design of civil engineering projects
- Registered as Professional Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya
- Be able to work under own initiative
- Excellent knowledge of Kenyan and British design standards and codes.
- Excellent working knowledge of CAD including Autocad, MicroStation and Civils 3D.
- Experience working in the design office and on site.
- Experience with planning and programming of design inputs to a project.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Ability to communicate across different technical disciplines and cultures
- Excellent IT skills; BIM awareness and other IT skills and interests.
- Interest in developing experience in broad water-related areas including catchment management, urban water security, and water-related climate change impacts.
- Either has or is interested in developing the skills to manage, develop, influence and motivate a team.
- Either has or is interested in developing skills in sustainable and resilient design solutions
Closing date for applications is 23rd December 2020