Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Partnerships, Communications and Outreach Vice Presidency manages multilateral engagement and communications—both internal and external—across IFC. The Vice Presidency is responsible for content creation, branding, reputational risk management, relationships with shareholders in Western Europe and Japan, fundraising, and multilateral engagement.
The Campaigns and Content is one of five teams that sit at the apex of IFC’s Partnerships, Communication, and Outreach Vice Presidency (VPU). The campaigns and content team creates and manages proactive high-quality campaigns that communicate the institution’s most strategic priorities. The campaigns and content team embraces strategic risk-taking, experiments with innovative communications techniques, and uses an array of written, visual, audio, and digital storytelling—including feature stories and digital stories, video, photography, audio stories, storytellers, social media, infographics, influencer engagements, and partnerships.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Campaigns and Content team is looking for an experienced Multimedia Communications Officer to be based in Nairobi Kenya to primarily film and produce video stories, but may be asked to write and do photography as well.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the desired candidate include:
- Work with the campaigns and content manager and the multimedia lead to design engaging visual multimedia that are strategically linked to IFC’s corporate priorities.
- Produce high-quality and innovative visual content, engaging regional and industry teams, taking informed risks. This includes coordinating multidisciplinary teams to film, record or otherwise collect and edit stories.
- Identify untold stories, both internally and externally, and report on them in a compelling and creative ways.
- Take risks, improve the quality, of video storytelling, suggesting and encouraging new and creative ways to tell our stories.
- Research and recommend innovative channels as well as strategic partnerships/influencers to amplify campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism with 5 or more years’ experience in journalism, print and visual storytelling, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and proven ability and to work in matrixed teams, coordinating and guiding different teams to achieve good results.
- Excellent multimedia production skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English (knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset).
- Takes informed risk, creatively challenging the status quo
- Is used to working under pressure and independently and relish the challenge of managing several projects simultaneously.
- Innovative, creative and self-motivated.
- Experience in working in development and in emerging markets is preferred.
- Experience in broadcast journalism is an asset
- Have experience in leading and managing complex, cross organizational projects.
- Sound judgment and ability to make sound decisions on reputational risk issues.
- WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.
Closing Date: 12/16/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.