Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Communication & Partnership Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Contract: 3 Years Renewable contract
Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) was established in 1965 as a business membership organization with a mandate to protect and develop the interests of the business community in Kenya. KNCCI is also an affiliate member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) & the World Chamber Federation (WCF). As communication manager will be responsible for managing all internal and external communications
- Coordinate development and implementation of Chamber communication strategy
- Design and produce Chamber Quartley Business Magazine, flyers and promotional materials.
- Liaise with other departmental heads in production of Chamber newsletters, website updates, and other publications
- Maintain and regularly update membership database
- Coordinate the implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Implement communication plans to increase brand awareness and recognition of the Chamber
- Develop relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both on-line and off-line
- Communicate Chamber brand to all potential key stakeholders
- Collect and analyze current communication and messages to ensure consistency
- Monitor press publications to maximize opportunity for positive image and visibility
- Develop and produce appropriate communication tools.
- Proficient in social media and online marketing.
- Identify and develop partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement partnership strategy.
- Document and disseminate case studies from partner and program interventions
- Development of communication plans that support partnership platforms.
- Ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, conviction and enthusiasm, translating ideas, issues and observations into compelling messages.
- Ability to build trusted, sustainable and collaborative relationships seen as a highly trusted technical resource for advice and guidance in strategic communications.
- Ability to provide excellent coaching and mentoring support to help others grow and develop personally and professionally.
- Ability to understand the dynamic and complex environment we operate in, finding creative solutions to adapt communications to resonate with different audiences.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, anticipating linkages across different work streams and aligning plans as necessary.
- Spearhead and nurture relationships with key stakeholders.
- Generate reports as per the institutional requirements.
- Guide, coordinate/supervise staff reporting to the position.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Good communication skills to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and sound judgment with focus on impact and an ability to work effectively and succeed in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans aligned with business brand needs and goals.
- Ability to track results and provide measurable success.
- Ability to take on new and creative ideas/concepts and carry them through to their conclusion.
- Excellent people skills when dealing with all levels of stakeholders, including managing and advising business leadership.
- Basic knowledge of multi-media including best practice, video, audio production, as well as print and design. Competence in MS Office systems.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with well-developed administrative, organizational and self-management skills.
- Proficiency and ability to develop, critique and edit compelling communications content.
- Understanding of media and stakeholder landscape.
- Understanding of corporate communications best practices.
- Crisis and issues management.
- Strong media relations network in broadcast Media.
- Understanding social and digital media communication principles.
- Master’s degree in mass communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Eight (8) years’ experience with three (3) years in management or senior management position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or mass communication, public relations or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism, mass communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in a Leadership course from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in discharging public relations duties.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Management course from a recognized institution
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their applications by email, enclosing an
updated detailed CV and Cover Letter to HR@kenyachamber.or.ke by Friday 4th December, 2020. The email subject should read Position of job one is applying for. i.e. Communication and Partnerships Manager, Trade (Policy, Advocacy & Research) Assistant Manager, Human resource officer, Accountant. ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED