Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
EC SCALE 14 (1 POST) 1.1
- Providing leadership in development and implementation of supply chain management strategies, policies and procedures;
- Providing secretariat services to the Committees undertaking procurement activities;
- Applying measures to ensure integrity and professional supply chain management standards;
- Developing and coordinating the preparation of annual procurement and disposal plans and monitor and review their implementation;
- Drawing plans to integrate ICT in the Division’s operations;
- Devising, implementing and monitoring effective risk management strategies in the Division;
- Coordinating procurement planning and budget preparation for the Division;
- Devising measures to enhance partnerships with suppliers;
- Cascading the strategic plan and performance contract in the Division and carry out staff performance appraisals;
- Formulating and implementing initiatives to instill KNEC values in the Division and adopt best practices in supply chain management;
- Developing performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology;
- Giving professional advice on Supply Chain Management matters whenever required;
- Facilitating proper utilization of human and other resources in the Division;
- Providing professional opinion on evaluation of tenders and disposal of assets to the Chief Executive Officer;
- Masters degree in Commerce, Business Administration (Supplies Management Option) from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Supplies Management (CIPS) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Must have served for a period of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience in a recognized institution;
- Strategic Leadership Development Program lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
- Certificate in computer applications;
- Demonstrated merit in work performance;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
KEY COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ATTITUDES
- Keen to details and time management skills;
- Communication skills;
- Team player;
- Good Interpersonal skills.
TERMS OF OFFER
The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
The candidates who meet the job requirements should fill the Application of Employment form KNEC.2A (Revised 2018) so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on 21st December, 2020 at 5.00 p.m. The applications to include CV’s with details of day time contacts, email address, current and expected salary(enclose latest payslip), notice period required to take up appointment where successful, clearly indicate years of experience in supply chain management field, names and contacts of three (3) professional referees. Applicants must also attach copies of academic and professional certificates and a copy of National ID.
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
6th Floor NHC Hse. Aga Khan Walk
P.O. Box 73598 – 00200
Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification;
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.