Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: ARO2122020
Category: Epidemiology and Demography
To support coordination of a research project determining the relationship between nutritional deficiencies and malaria risk and natural immunity to malaria. An Assistant Research Officer is needed primarily to play a key role in researching the literature, data analyses and writing up, with support from a wider group of researchers. The post will involve an extensive review of the literature, statistical analyses of data, Mendelian randomization analyses and writing up of the findings. The position requires competency in literature review, excellent skills in data analyses and statistics including experience in Mendelian randomization analyses and a good knowledge of malaria and nutrition.
- Principal Investigator.
- The primary responsibility will be to assist in literature review, data analyses and the writing of research manuscripts.
- Identify relevant published and unpublished literature relevant to the study.
- Conduct statistical analysis using either STATA or R software on existing data.
- Conduct Mendelian randomization analyses.
- Contribute to writing manuscripts and reports to report findings.
- Attend to any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the PI
- Ensure regular and secure back up of the data collected.
- Contribute to the scientific outputs at the programme through participation and presentation at local conferences, scientific meetings, seminars and journal clubs.
- Collate and provide information/feedback to the PI through regular debriefing meetings.
- An undergraduate degree in statistics.
- One-year relevant experience in a busy research setting.
- Experience in analysis of quantitative data using STATA and/or R packages.
- Experience in Mendelian randomization analyses.
- Experience in quantitative research on the effects of nutritional deficiencies on malaria risk and natural immunity to malaria.
- Experience in handling panel data.
- Experience in conducting systematic review and meta-analyses.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- A meticulous approach to documentation.
- Ability to coordinate well with colleagues and supervisors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines
- Office or home based. Must have ability to work effectively from home.
- Requires flexibility in the hours worked, with the priority being meeting the team’s research goals.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 16 December, 2020.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).